Here are the highlights from his interview:
- Nitish Kumar humara chhota bhai hai (is my younger brother), BJP had kidnapped him.
- Alliance with Nitish Kumar is the need of the hour, we belong to the same family.
- The biggest issue is communalism, and we have to crush communalism that has reared its head like a snake.
- 'No enmity with the Congress, what is wrong if they come with us.
- I've been distributing tickets for years. There could be differences but why is the BJP and RSS worried about us? They should set their own house in order first.
- We need Congress as much as they need us. Boond boond se ghada bharta hai. (A cup is filled a drop at a time).
- We will fight together and Nitish Kumar will be chief minister again.
- Poora desh dekh raha hai, Nitish aur Lalu ek saath patkania dega. (The entire nation is watching... Nitish and Lalu will come together to topple them).
- We will not let BJP win. Unki ghar wapsi kar denge. (We will send BJP back to the pavilion)
Election Results for Lok Sabha Election 2019 will be out on May 23. Get the latest election news and live updates on ndtv.com/elections. Catch all the action on NDTV Live. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for news updates from each of the 543 parliamentary seats for the election 2019