Raksha Bandhan (Rakhi) will be celebrated on August 26 across the country. (Representational)
New Delhi: We are all heading towards the most sought after festivals in the country - Raksha Bandhan (Rakhi). The festival is an epitome of all forms of protection aiming to destroy all sins in society. Siblings are busy preparing for their day, which falls on August 26 this year. While sisters are busy choosing the most stylish, unique rakhi and Raksha Bandhan cards, brothers are planning on how they can make their sisters feel special. Brothers and sisters share whatever they have and most of the times end up fighting. And when it comes to choosing gifts for Raksha Bandhan, it becomes quite difficult for both. Brothers shell out to get the best gift for sisters and also keep guessing their what they would get in return. A sister hunts for the best gift in town or prepares her brother's favourite recipes only to make the day special for him.
- Brothers in love with music: Buy him a rakhi with miniature musical instruments attached or raksha bandhan songs that play on pressing a button.
- Bookworms: Brothers who find pleasure flipping through books should be gifted with the latest release by their favourite authors.
- Shopaholics: There are some who keep abreast with the latest trends in clothes and accessories. And because you know your brother very well, get him the latest fashion accessory or clothes from his favourite brand. He will surely feel special with these Raksha Bandhan gifts.
- Sports and fitness enthusiasts: Get him posters of his favourite sportsman, buy him essentials for the game he plays or his requirements for the gym.
- Cook a meal: For your sweet-toothed brother, think laddoos or any traditional sweets this Rakhi. Club it by cooking his favourite recipes for lunch or dinner.
For the latest News & Live Updates on Election Results from each assembly constituency in Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Mizoram, Chhattisgarh, Telangana, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter for updates.