- Take handful of rice and burn the same by using matchsticks or lighter. If the rice particles are made of plastic, then it will release plastic smell immediately after burning.
- Boil rice and keep it in a bottle for 2-3 days. If the boiled rice does not get affected by fungus, then it happens to be plastic rice and not the usual rice.
- Take some rice and drop hot oil on to it. If the rice is made of plastic, then it will melt in a while and stick at the bottom of the container.
- Now comes the water test. Take a bottle of water a pour one tablespoon of rice and stir it for a while. If the rice floats on top of the water level, then it is plastic rice. This is because; natural rice does not float on water.
- Fake rice can be identified while boiling. If the rice is made of plastic, then it will form a thick layer on the pot at the time of boiling.
(This story has not been edited by NDTV staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
Get Breaking news, live coverage, and Latest News from India and around the world on NDTV.com. Catch all the Live TV action on NDTV 24x7 and NDTV India. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for latest news and live news updates.