Prime Minister Narendra Modi began his two-day visit today to his Lok Sabha constituency Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh by holding a roadshow. This comes a day before PM Modi will file his election papers to contest the Lok Sabha elections.
A large crowd, many in it wearing saffron caps and scarfs, gathered near the iconic Benaras Hindu University gate of Varanasi on Thursday evening for PM Modi's roadshow in the Uttar Pradesh temple town where he will file his election papers tomorrow to contest the Lok Sabha polls.
After paying tribute at a statue of Madan Mohan Malviya, a leader of the independence movement and a renowned educationist, the PM will take his roadshow through the holy city, passing through ancient temples and ghats before finally ending in the holiest ghat of them all, the Dashashwamedh. The prime minister will also attend the evening aarti at this ghat.
Senior BJP leaders like Amit Shah, top union ministers and chief ministers are expected to attend the roadshow.
Before this he addressed a public rally in Bihar's Darbhanga and Uttar Pradesh's Banda.
Here are the Highlights Of PM Modi's Rally and Roadshow:
- I had the opportunity to connect and pursue the knowledge of Kashi as a parliamentarian
- I bow to the full tribute to Baba Vishwanath and mother Ganga for this
- 5 years ago when I stepped on the land of Kashi, I said that mother Ganga had called me. When mother Ganga called me, the brothers and sisters of Kashi gave me so much love that this fakir got adapted in the austerity of the city.
- It is my privilege to join the Veda tradition with knowledge analysis and logical experiences.
- This prasad of Kashi gives me the power to rationalizing my social and political life
- The religious faith of Kashi inspired thinkers like Buddha, Goswami Tulsidas, Sant Ravidas, Kabirdas, Ramananda
- This inspiration of truth, justice, non-violence, knowledge has also given me the strength to stand with these values at the global level
- There were continuous terror attacks from 2005 to 2014 at our centres of faith like Sankat Mochan temple here and Akshardham temple in Gujarat. I still remember the cowardly murders of innocent devotees, it still gives me goosebumps. The Government of that time did nothing except holding talks (with Pakistan) after every attack
- Kashi blessed me not to be the only MP. I was given the strength of confidence of 130 crore Indians. But our style is different. In similar circumstances, we told them that the new India does not just talk and tolerate, but we respond to terrorists in their own language
- Whether it is the Pulwama attack, Uri attack or any other issue, I have only one mantra with which I have lived - the country comes first, India first
- For a competent India, for a prosperous India, for a happy India, the country needs development as well as security.
- We are moving towards a direction where there is science, spirituality, talent, tourism, and modernisation but without westernisation
- There are three aspects of the direction in which we are moving towards the development of Kashi. First spiritual, second practical and third humanitarian.
- On 17 May 2014, I was taking a resolution on the Ganga coast, so I had the question of whether I would be able to fulfil the expectations of Kashi?
- We have gone a long way in making mother Ganga clean. Many of the drains that have been found in Ganga have been closed. Modern plant to purify water has started working
- We are doing everything with change which empowers the country. I pioneered the task of doing things that were too small to my opponents
- There is cleanliness, toilets, cooking gas in the houses, the poor have a bank account, the poor have houses, there is accessible health service. Many of these things do not seem to be too big to think about, but if you think carefully these are the biggest tasks.
- Self-confidence is the capital that can be found across the challenge. This is one way of getting out of the curse like poverty. New India's self-confidence will become developed India's confidence.
- Earlier, it was only possible for the special people to reach the government, today, the common man is also communicating directly with the government.
- Today, the common man believes that he has access to the minister, the government and the Prime Minister
- For the first time in this Lok Sabha election, the young man is imbibing culture of new India. It is because he is not burdened with the past, he has only dreams of the future.
- You tell me which caste were the great Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru, Jhansi Rani and Subhas Chandra Bose. Not a single great man is known by his own caste but is known by his actions. Everyone was a resident of Bharat.
- We have resolved that a separate water power ministry will be created for the waters, which will have a separate budget. Rivers, seas, rain water, all the resources that are used will be transported to the needy areas by using technology.
- For so many years of independence, votes were sought in the name of caste fraternity. But what happened then? As soon as it came to power, action of revenge began. This model of politics did not discriminate only among individuals, but also on the basis of areas.
- Today every village and every household has access to electricity.
- The problem of water will be now dealt. I have seen the inconvenience caused due to water.
- On May 23 when you vote for the Modi government then the problem of water will be solved.
- Big things are done for the public good when there is dedication
- The SP and the BSP are working to share the certificate of my caste and have been abusing the entire backward society on the pretext of Modi.
- That is the essence of their politics.
- They can only think of caste and creed.
- The don't want to talk about one India, best India
- Our country should be strong and the government should be strong for that.
- For a strong government a strong Prime Minister needs to be there.
- Your votes can eliminate terrorism and support the chowkidar.
- Your votes will go to Modi and Modi will end terrorism and then only rest.
- The previous government could have been able to provide electricity to the poor, but they were all involved in the welfare of their own clan.
- Some were getting farm house, shopping mall made.
- For the first time in history, a provision has also been made to provide 10 per cent reservation to the poor in general category. That too without teasing the right of the rest of the classes.
- I assure you-no one will be manipulated by anyone right until Modi is there.
- Some people have a problem with 'Bharat mata ki Jai' and 'Vande mataram', should such people lose their deposits or not? These are same people who complain when I talk about Bharat.
- NDA "gathbandhan" is trusted. For us security, peace and the development of our country is the goal. People have problems with this. They complain if I talk about terrorism. It is not an issue they say.
- National security may not be an issue for those who do 'mahamilavat' but in new India it is a big issue.
- In Sri Lanka, 359 people were killed. Our neighbourhood has terror factories running. If someone lost the battle with terror, it is the poor people. Then they say it is not an issue.
- New India will go to terror sites and we will kill them there. Darbhanga also saw terror very closely. Your chowkidar is alert. There will be no module and no terrorist will be spared.
- Brothers and sisters, you have seen after 3 phases of elections. the way the opposition is asking for air strike evidence. They have vanished now. They are talking about EVMs. The people are cut away from the realities of the ground, they do not understand the pulse of nation.