Rahul Gandhi will launch Congress poll campaign with a rally in Punjab. (File photo)
Congress President Rahul Gandhi launched Congress poll campaign in Punjab today, alleging that unemployment and poverty has increased during the rule of the Narendra Modi government. He also blamed the Centre for the attack by right-wing groups on two Kashmiri traders in Uttar Pradesh. "Hate, anger is being spread in the country," Mr Gandhi said while addressing a rally in Punjab's Moga district.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi is scheduled to address a public meeting in North Goa and Party president Amit Shah will address workers from Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh.
Meanwhile, the Election Commission -- which is yet to declare dates for the Lok Sabha elections scheduled this year -- has said the allegations of deliberate delay by some political parties are unwarranted. "We don't operate as per PM's schedule, we have our own schedule," a senior official of the Election Commission told NDTV.
Opposition parties have alleged that the election dates were being delayed deliberately to help PM Modi with last-minute announcements of programmes and welfare schemes.
Here are the LIVE Updates of political rallies on Lok Sabha Elections:
PM Modi's schedule tomorrow
The Prime Minister will visit the Kashi Vishwanath Temple at Varanasi. He will lay the foundation stone of the Kashi Vishwanath Temple approach Road, Beautification and Strengthening Project. Later he will inspect the project site
PM will attend National Women Livelihood Meet - 2019 at Deendayal Hastkala Sankul in Varanasi. He will distribute appreciation letters to five Women Self Help Groups
PM will inaugurate Lucknow Metro Rail Project. He will also introduce the Panki Power Plant, establishment of new 660 megawatt electricity generation and distribution unit
PM will inaugurate Dilshad Garden - Shaheed Sthal (New Bus Adda) Section of Metro
He will lay foundation stone of Delhi - Ghaziabad - Meerut Regional Rapid Transit System (RRTS) project. This is one of the first, high speed and high frequency rail based
On the other hand, Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched Integrated Command and Control Centres in Gangtok, Namchi, Pasighat, Itanagar and Agartala via video conferencing
Rahul Gandhi speaks in Kangra, Himachal Pradesh
It's is sad when someone from paramilitary does not get the status of a martyr. It shouldn't be that only CRPF or BSF aren't given the status.When we come to power this will change (news agency ANI)
When Pulwama happened, I held a press conference and said that all Congress leaders will stand with the Indian Air Force and the government. We made it clear we'll not politicise it but it's sad that the PM himself is doing that
DMDK denies holding talks with DMK on alliance
DMDK has denied holding talks with DMK for the Lok Sabha elections due in May.
"Our team met DMK leader Durai Murugan on a personal issue. Talks with AIADMK still on. We would finalise in a few days. We would join the AIADMK alliance's next rally," DMDK leader L K Sudhish said.
Hate, anger being spread in the country: Rahul Gandhi
- Hate, anger being spread in the country
- The number of poor and unemployed have increased during PM Modi's tenure. We will address this when we come to power
- We waived off farm loans in Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan and Chhattisgarh like we promised. We did this in 10 days of forming the government
- Vijay Mallya absconded with ₹10,000 crore. He met Finance Minister Arun Jaitley before escaping from the country. Why doesn't Modi government take any action against him?
- In 2019, our focus will be to provide employment to the youth. We have introduced historic policies before, we will do it again in the form of Minimum Income Guarantee
Congress President Rahul Gandhi addresses public meeting in Moga.
Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh on Wednesday said that his government will conduct fourth phase of loan debt waiver today.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi is scheduled to address a public meeting in North Goa. Party president Amit Shah will address workers from Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh.
BJP has reacted to the Congress President's allegation on Rafale. "Totally condemn the blatant lies of Rahul Gandhi. He doesn't believe the Indian Air Force, he doesn't believe the SC, doesn't believe the CAG. Does he want to believe Pakistan? He is inadvertently or deliberately playing into hands of Rafale competitors," Ravi Shankar Prasad said.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi is scheduled to address party workers in Goa.
Main pointers from Rahul Gandhi's address on Rafale controversy
- 2 crore jobs are missing, fair MSPs for farmers are missing, Businesses are missing due to GST... And today, Rafale files are missing
- They say they want to investigate media for missing Rafale files, but they don't want to investigate the person who stole ₹30,000Cr, and who conducted parallel negotiations in Rafale deal, for which there is proof
- Basically, everything possible is done to safeguard Narendra Modi
- Everyone is equal under the law. On one hand you are saying, documents are missing, which implies these are authentic documents. Documents clearly state that Narendra Modi conducted parallel negotiation
- Investigate the missing documents, but also investigate Narendra Modi for his actions mentioned in those missing documents
- The contents of the files have clearly stated that the Prime Minister started a parallel negotiation and delivery of Rafale aircrafts was delayed because of his intention to benefit Anil Ambani
- It's a blatant case of corruption, it is clearly stated that the PM of India is carrying out a parallel negotiation. Why should there not be a criminal investigation?
- The problem in India is, there is a criminal investigation only on people who oppose PM Modi
- If PM is not guilty, why doesn't he himself agree for an investigation? Why did he refuse to form a Joint Parliamentary Committee?
- Media is being punished because they are being brave. I'm very proud that they have the guts to stand against Narendra Modi
This morning, Rahul Gandhi addressed the media over the Rafale deal controversy.
Rahul Gandhi to address rally in Moga
In Punjab, Rahul Gandhi will attend debt waiver certificate distribution ceremony in Moga along with chief minister Captain Amarinder Singh. Mr Gandhi will later address a rally there, as per reports.
The rally at Killi Chahal village will be attended by over one lakh people, Congress said.
Congress President Rahul Gandhi will kick-start Congress poll campaign in Punajb and Himachal Pradesh.