On a visit to his home state, PM Modi, who turned 69 today, offered prayers to goddess Narmada at the Sardar Sarovar dam. Accompanied by Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani, PM Modi offered prayers as part of the state government's Namami Devi Narmade Mahotsav celebrations being held to mark the dam receiving water to its full capacity. PM Modi also visited the Butterfly Garden in Kevadiya and named the saffron coloured plain tiger butterfly as the state butterfly. He began the day with a visit to the 'Statue of Unity' and the Sardar Sarovar Dam on the river Narmada. For the first time since the height of the dam was raised in 2017, the water level reached its highest peak at 138.68 metres on Sunday evening.
He and Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani "puja" at the dam site to "welcome" the water of river Narmada, the lifeline of Gujarat. These projects include river rafting, a jungle safari park, a butterfly park and Ekta Nursery.
On PM Modi's birthday, his supporters and well-wishers flooded the social media with their best wishes, leading to 7 different Twitter hashtags making it to the top 10 India trends on the micro-blogging site. While #happybirthdaynarendramodi topped the chart in the India trends, #HappyBirthdayPM and #ShriNarendraModi was trending on 2nd and 5th positions, respectively.
Here are the highlights of PM Narendra Modi's Gujarat visit on his birthday
Reliving precious moments and special memories.- Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) September 17, 2019
I have been receiving many old photos from various friends.
I am sharing few such photos with a request- if you have such memories, kindly share them with me.
Here is a good place to do so:https://t.co/HHsiyIFqgcpic.twitter.com/HNKLMiVPJ5
#HappyBirthdayPMModi from multi-lingual India! A reminder of all the diversity & pluralism we hope you will embrace today & during the year ahead! ജന്മദിനാശംസകൾ! @satishacharyapic.twitter.com/Ov7bTLUhsS- Shashi Tharoor (@ShashiTharoor) September 17, 2019
- On his 69th birthday, Prime Minister Modi met his 95-year-old mother Heeraben in Gandhinagar.
- He sought his mother's blessings, spent time with her and had lunch with her.
- Congress leader Rahul Gandhi greeted Prime Minister Narendra Modi on his birthday, wishing him good health and happiness.
My best wishes to Narendra Modi Ji on his 69th birthday. May he be blessed with good health and happiness always🌈@narendramodi- Rahul Gandhi (@RahulGandhi) September 17, 2019
- Vivek Oberoi who starred in PM Modi's biopic "PM Narendra Modi" wished him in the sweetest way possible. The actor posted a video that shows a montage of Modi's photos as Vivek showers praise on him through a self-composed poem.
- Filmmaker Karan Johar wished the PM a "productive and peaceful year."
- "May God bless you and our nation with good health and happiness. Happy birthday @narendramodi ji!" Ayushmann Khurrana tweeted.
- Actor and BJP lawmaker, Sunny Deol stated that PM's dedication, commitment, and vision of building a New India will always keep inspiring people.
Wish you a very happy birthday @narendramodi ji- Sunny Deol (@iamsunnydeol) September 17, 2019
May you continue to serve the nation with all the energy. Your dedication, commitment and vision of building a #NewIndia will always keep inspiring all of us.
I pray for your long, healthy and prosperous life.
- "Calling him ''the man who walks the talk with India," Ajay Devgn wished PM Modi.
- "Wishing you the best of health & happiness on your birthday @narendramodi ji. May our nation soar to greater heights year after year under your leadership and may you continue being the guiding light for India Jai hind!" tweeted Sanjay Dutt.
- Anupam Kher also wished the PM on his birthday with a sweet message alongside photos of him with Modi.
Happy Birthday Hon. Prime Minister @narendramodi ji. May God give you long and healthy life. May you continue to lead our nation for many many years to come. आदरणीय प्रधानमंत्री जी।आपको जन्म दिवस की हार्दिक शुभकामनाएं। हम सभी आपकी स्वस्थ एवं लंबी आयु की प्रार्थना करते हैं।🙏🙏🇮🇳 pic.twitter.com/PYxMpuCOM6- Anupam Kher (@AnupamPKher) September 17, 2019
- Producer Bhushan Kumar, filmmaker Madhur Bhandarkar, Paresh Rawal, Randeep Hooda, and Sunil Grover also extended warm wishes to Prime Minister Modi.
- In our culture it is believed that development can be done while protecting the environment, and it is evident here. Nature is dear to us, it is our jewel.
- PM Modi says he thanks and salutes lakhs of people who worked to make Sardar Sarovar project a success.
- PM Modi lauded the vision of Sardar Patel, adding the BJP-led government's decision last month on Jammu and Kashmir was an
- inspiration from the former home minister of India.
- The Union government's decision on Kashmir is inspired by Sardar Patel and is an attempt to find solution to a decades-old problem.
- The PM said the Hyderabad Liberation Day is a result of Sardar Patel's vision. Observed on September 17 each year, it marks the day in 1948 when the erstwhile Hyderabad State was annexed to the Indian Union.
- PM Modi said he was happy to see the rising number of visitors to the Statue of Unity. While the 133-year-old State of Liberty gets around 10,000 visitors per day, about 8,500 people visit the 11-month-old Statue of Unity daily, he said.
- The Sardar Sarovar project is catering to needs of Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra and Rajasthan and has benefitted people in these four states.
- PM Modi with Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani at Sardar Sarovar Dam in Narmada district
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi was greeted by Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi and BJP leaders
- The chief minister wished good health and a long life to the prime minister on his birthday, an official release said.
- Union minister of State for Home Nityanand Rai tweeted, "Your personality is a source of inspiration for all of us."
- "Happy Birthday to our respected and honourable Prime Minister, @narendramodi ji.. Thank you for all your efforts towards making our country greater than ever, sir," cricketer Shikhar Dhawan wrote on Twitter.
- "Wishing a very happy birthday to our honourable Prime Minister @narendramodi ji. I pray for your long and healthy life," sprinter Hima Das'' post on the micro-blogging website read.
- "Happy birthday to our honourable Prime Minister @narendramodi ji," all-rounder Kedar Jadhav tweeted.
- "Happy Birthday to our Honourable Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi ji. God bless you @narendramodi #HappyBdayPMModi," boxer Vijender Singh tweeted.
- "Happy birthday sir @narendramodi May you continue to inspire us all..wish you long and healthy life.. #happybirthdaynarendramodi #HappyBirthdayPM," cricketer Harbhajan Sigh posted.
- "Warm birthday wishes to the Prime Minister Mr. @narendramodi ji, the country''s most popular leader, a symbol of strong will, decisive leadership and tireless hard work. A new India emerging under your leadership has made a mark in the world as a strong, secure and trustworthy nation," Mr Shah tweeted.
- Mr Shah went on to say that along with development, Prime Minister Modi has given an unprecedented contribution in further enriching Indian culture. He said that as a reformist, the Prime Minister not only gave a new direction to politics but also made everyone proud by finding a permanent solution to the problems that have been going on for decades along with economic reforms.
- "To make the life of every Indian easy, your hard work and determination is an inspiration for us. It is a privilege to be a partner with you in national building as a public representative, a worker and a countryman. I pray to God for your healthy and long life," Amit Shah said in another post.
- Buddhist spiritual leader the Gyalwang Drukpa, who is heading the 17th century Hemis monastery of Drukpa lineage in Ladakh, the largest in the Himalayas, greeted Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- "It is with great enthusiasm #NaropaFestival Organising Committee wishes Prime Minister Narendra Modi a very Happy Birthday!" Gyalwang Drukpa tweeted.
- "We express our heartfelt gratitude to the Government of India for uniting Ladakh with the country and invite all to join us in our celebrations at Hemis!"
- "Source of immense energy, the most popular, hard working, respected Prime Minister Narendra Modi," he tweeted.
- "I wish you a long life and good health."
- Tibetan spiritual leader the Dalai Lama wished a long and healthy life to Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- He said: "As a long time guest of India, and as someone who cares deeply about this country, I congratulate you on the growing confidence you have brought about. India's success not only benefits the people of India but also greatly contributes to the development of the world as a whole."
- The Prime Minister at the Control Room of the Sardar Sarovar Dam.
- PM Modi at the Ekta Nursery, situated in the vicinity of the Statue of Unity.
- The nursery manufactures various traditional eco-friendly products and offers a live demonstration of their manufacturing process to the visitors.
Vibrant culture of vibrant Gujarat!- PMO India (@PMOIndia) September 17, 2019
Do visit the Ekta Nursery next time you're in Kevadia. pic.twitter.com/XySd58pZLb
Tourists and nature lovers find the Cactus Garden unique!- PMO India (@PMOIndia) September 17, 2019
PM @narendramodi says we must keep taking people's feedback to further improve the garden and make it more popular. pic.twitter.com/tm2BxrA4SI
- PM Modi visited a cactus garden in Kevadia in Narmada district. From the cactus garden, Sardar Sarovar Dam can be seen in the background
- Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jaganmohan Reddy extended a warm message and wished for his long and healthy life ahead in the service of the nation.
- "Warmest birthday greetings to our hon'ble Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi Ji. Wishing him a long, healthy and successful life ahead in the service of the Nation," Mr Reddy tweeted.
PM @narendramodi reviews tourism infrastructure at Kevadia. Here is a picture from the Jungle Safari area.- PMO India (@PMOIndia) September 17, 2019
Come, visit this beautiful land which is home to the iconic 'Statue of Unity.' pic.twitter.com/OosdcS5k3v
- West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee wished Prime Minister Narendra Modi on his 69th birthday.
Birthday greetings to Prime Minister @narendramodi ji- Mamata Banerjee (@MamataOfficial) September 17, 2019
প্রধানমন্ত্রী নরেন্দ্র মোদিজী কে জন্মদিনের শুভেচ্ছা
- Meanwhile, Governor Jagdeep Dhankhar also extended his greetings to PM Modi, saying the nation is scaling new heights under PM Modi's leadership.
- "Prime Minister Narendra Modi's vision, thought, untiring effort and spinal leadership has helped India scale new heights and the nation is bound to attain its past glory. I join millions in wishing him on his birthday and pray for his good health and long life," Mr Dhankhar said in his message.
- BJP leader Vasundhara Raje tweeted birthday wishes for PM Modi.
मां भारती के सच्चे सेवक, हम सबके लोकप्रिय, यशस्वी प्रधानमंत्री श्री @narendramodi जी को जन्मदिवस की हार्दिक शुभकामनाएं। आप सदैव स्वस्थ रहें, दीर्घायु हो तथा गरीबों व वंचितो को विकास की मुख्यधारा से जोड़ने का आपका संकल्प शीघ्र पूरा हो, ऐसी मेरी ईश्वर से कामना है।#HappyBdayPMModipic.twitter.com/I07ueFQ1l7- Vasundhara Raje (@VasundharaBJP) September 17, 2019
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi visits Khalvani eco-tourism site in Kevadiya, Narmada district
- After reaching Kevadia in Gujarat, PM Modi tweeted a video of majestic 'Statue of Unity'
Reached Kevadia a short while ago.- Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) September 17, 2019
Have a look at the majestic 'Statue of Unity', India's tribute to the great Sardar Patel. pic.twitter.com/B8ciNFr4p7
- Union Ministers and senior BJP leaders took to social media to extend their warm wishes to PM Modi on his 69th birthday.
- Wishes for Prime Minister Narendra Modi's birthday started pouring since midnight itself as party leaders praised his leadership and called him an inspiration for all.
- Taking to Twitter, Union Minister for Railway Piyush Goyal praised PM Modi as a statesman, decisive leader and an inspiration for all."Today, I join 130 crore fellow citizens in wishing PM Narendra Modi ji on his birthday. He is a statesman, decisive leader, and an inspiration for all of us. We are committed to achieving his vision of building a "New India". I pray for his long and healthy life. Happy Birthday PM Modi."
- Former Union Minister Suresh Prabhu outlined different aspects of PM Modi's leadership and tweeted, "Motivational journey from small town to world capitals, grass-root party worker to tallest national leader, party organiser to best administrator, booth worker to most popular world leader, man with Mission to better lives of all @PMOIndia @narendramodi best birthday wishes, long life".
- Jal Shakti Minister Gajendra Singh Shekhawat said that Prime Minister Modi have inspired millions with his sheer hard work, perseverance, determination, dedication and commitment.
- "May mother India grant you great strengths to lead us for great future. Happy Bday PM Modi," he said.
- "We are delighted to mark this special day with you. You have been an inspiration to us and future generations. Our democracy is now better because of your skill as a leader. Congrats and have a wonderful birthday celebration! Happy Birthday Narendra Modi ji," Union minister of state for animal husbandry Pratap Sarangi wrote on Twitter.
- Senior BJP leader and former Madhya Pradesh Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan also extended his birthday wishes, "The respect for the country is reaching to new heights under your (Prime Minister Modi) leadership. May the honour and respect for our country keeps increasing by many folds and your dream to make India a world guru (global leader) is fulfilled."
- BJP MLA Harsh Sanghavi celebrated PM Modi's birthday by cutting cakes with divyang children and cleanliness workers.
- He said, "As it is Prime Minister Narendra Modi's birthday and he always emphasizes on serving people. We decided to celebrate his birthday in a grand manner."
- "A firework, music and dance performances were held here. In Surat, people have created an environment of Diwali. Cake cutting was done with special children and cleanliness worker. Several messages were sent to Prime Minister Modi and we wished him on social media site with hashtag digital India", Mr Sanghvi added.
- Nepal Prime Minister KP Sharma Oli wished Prime Minister Narendra Modi on his 69th birthday in three different languages - English, Hindi and Gujarati.
- "Heartiest greetings to Prime Minister Narendra Modi on your auspicious birthday. I wish for your good health, happiness and well being. We will continue to work together for further consolidating multifaceted Nepal-India relations," Oli tweeted in English.
Greetings and warm wishes to PM Shri @narendramodi on his birthday. He has been instrumental in building and strengthening India's position in the comity of nations. His visionary leadership has helped India in scaling new heights of glory. I pray for his good health & long life.- Rajnath Singh (@rajnathsingh) September 16, 2019
On your birthday @PMOIndia@narendramodi my prayers for your long & healthy life. Inspired by your untiring efforts to serve our nation.Your dedication, eye for detail & perseverance to make India realise its true potential are the hallmark of your leadership. Many happy returns.- Nirmala Sitharaman (@nsitharaman) September 17, 2019
Heartfelt birthday wishes to our Prime Minister @narendramodi. Your leadership in building a #NewIndia has been an inspiration to all of us. Pray for your long and healthy life as we all work together towards achieving this vision.#HappyBdayPMModi- Dr. S. Jaishankar (@DrSJaishankar) September 17, 2019