Elephant Dies After Getting Electrocuted In Uttarakhand's Lansdowne

The elephant died apparently due to electrocution after coming in contact with overhead live wire, Mr Patro added.

 Share
EMAIL
PRINT
COMMENTS
Elephant Dies After Getting Electrocuted In Uttarakhand's Lansdowne

An elephant died of electrocution in Uttarakhand's Lansdowne forest area (Representational)


Rishikesh: 

An elephant was found dead in Uttarakhand's Lansdowne forest division on Tuesday, an official said.

The guards sighted the adult male elephant's body in the morning in Jhandichaur area, which borders Bijnore district of neighbouring Uttar Pradesh, Conservator of Forest (Shivalik Circle) Prasanna Kumar Patro said.

The elephant died apparently due to electrocution after coming in contact with overhead live wire, Mr Patro added.
 



Get Breaking news, live coverage, and Latest News from India and around the world on NDTV.com. Catch all the Live TV action on NDTV 24x7 and NDTV India. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for latest news and live news updates.

NDTV Beeps - your daily newsletter

................................ Advertisement ................................

................................ Advertisement ................................

................................ Advertisement ................................