Policemen arrived at Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal's home on Friday to review security footage
Policemen arrived at Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal's home on Friday to review security footage in connection with the alleged assault on the Delhi Chief Secretary Anshu Prakash by AAP legislator on Monday night. The policemen spent over two hours searching and questioning the staff and took away boxes full of hardware from CCTV cameras. Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party addressed a press conference after a number of bureaucrats met the central government with a number of concerns.
Minutes after cops swamped Chief Minister Kejriwal's house he tweeted his disapproval and said, "To investigate two slaps, a Chief Minister's house is searched. Doesn't Judge Loya's murder call for some inquiry?"
Chief Secretary Anshu Prakash had alleged that he was beaten by the lawmakers in Mr Kejriwal's presence after being called for a meeting on Monday night. The chief secretary posed a similar allegation of being attacked. The MLAs, Prakash Jarwal and Amantullah Khan, were arrested.
Here are the live updates in the controversy over the alleged assault on Chief Secretary at Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal's home :
In 5-Minute Meet, Team Arvind Kejriwal Gets Some Advice From Lt Governor Anil Baijal
Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal has been advised to "take steps to remove mistrust" with government employees so that Delhi's development activities are "not affected", Lieutenant Governor Anil Baijal said on Friday after he reportedly agreed to play peacemaker between the ruling Aam Aadmi Party and officials protesting the alleged assault on the city's top bureaucrat earlier this week."
Manish Sisodia on meeting with Lt Governor Anil Baijal
- We had our meeting with the Lt Governor
- Lt Governor said that he will ensure that all ministers work cooperatively
- No such situation should arise again
- We are grateful that Lt Governor is seeing the matter seriously
- He has assured us that he will speak to the officers
- The matter is in court, let the probe take place
Arvind Kejriwal and his ministers to meet Lt Governor Anil Baijal at 5 pm over the issue.
Delhi's Tis Hazari Court rejects bail plea of AAP's Amanatullah Khan and Prakash Jarwal. Both to remain in judicial custody.
Aam Aadmi party lawyer:
- Asking when the painting occurred, it is preposterous
- It is okay to ask these questions if it was a murder case, but not for an assault case
- The police went searching for fresh ground
- Investigation happened against the law
- They've asked, why, when, how did you paint? This is the Delhi police.
- This is only to humiliate the Delhi Chief Minister.
- How does paint fit into all of that is happening?
- The police should have given a notice, they didn't do all this, they went into Mr Kejriwal's residence directly
Aam Aadmi Party's Sanjay Singh addresses press conference:
- 59 murders and 379 dacoity cases have taken place, but Police have arrested legislators based on a testimony of the Chief Secretary.
- You are answerable to the society and the nation
- You don't investigate crimes. Is your uniform given to dance under PM Modi like a puppet?
- This only crushes democracy.
Search at Chief Minister Kejriwal's residence concludes.
Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal addresses a press briefing after Delhi Police went to the Chief Minister's residence this morning. "I will fight for you," Chief Minister Kejriwal told bureaucrats.
"To investigate an allegation of two slaps, the police search a Chief Minister's house. Doesn't Judge Loya's murder merit an interrogation?" Mr Kejriwal had tweeted in Hindi soon after cops arrived at his residence.
A large number of policemen were present at Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal's home questioning the staff and looking for evidence including security footage.
- We will examine forensics at Delhi Chief Minister Kejriwal's residence. We think that the incident could have happened between 11.30 pm to 12 am.
- When we visit scene of crime, we look at a number of things. We wanted to see if there have been changes made to the scene. We analyse if any cameras were moved from its position or any repair work was done.
- 21 camera's Hard disks have been taken from Mr Kejriwal's residence. Of the 21, 14 CCTVs were recording, 7 of them were not.
- All CCTV's running 40 mins 43 secs behind