- 1. The world's largest air purifier will be able to effectively reduce smog over an area of 10 square kilometres.
- The tower produces more than 10 million cubic metres of clean air a day.
- The system works through greenhouses covering. Polluted air is sucked into the glasshouses and is heated up using solar energy. The hot air then rises through the tower and passes through multiple layers of cleaning filters.
- The system in the air purifier also works during winters as coatings on the greenhouses enable the glass to absorb solar radiation at a higher efficiency.
- According to a patent application of 2014, a full-sized tower would reach 1,640 feet high with a diameter of 656 feet.
(Source: South China Morning Post)
Get Breaking news, live coverage, and Latest News from India and around the world on NDTV.com. Catch all the Live TV action on NDTV 24x7 and NDTV India. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for latest news and live news updates.