1. Nurturing and Encouraging Communication: Make sure that the teachers or for that matter any adult at the preschool addresses the children by their names, listens to them and tries to understand the motive behind a child's action. A good teacher will never criticize children or yell at them.
2. Punishment is replaced by Helping: When a child misbehaves, it is important to understand the cause of misbehavior instead of directly going ahead and punishing the child. Good teachers help children develop social and emotional skills. These are very young children and hence need patient treatment to understand sharing or expressing their emotions in right words.
3. Classroom is fun and joyful: For young children, the way to teach anything is through playing. Look for a school where children are provided a new activity on a regular basis to help develop social and emotional skills.
4. Activity for children: Young children are active. They are growing and learning. A preschool should make sure that the children get all the necessary attention and outlet for their energy. While there should obviously be a defined naptime, but it should also not be the case that the children are spending most of their time sitting or napping.
5. Staff is well-supported: A teacher will be able to devote their time and attention fully to your child only if they receive regular professional help and planning time. Don't hesitate to ask the kind of support available to teachers at a preschool.
Click here for more Education News