UP Sadhu, 28, Electrocuted In Toilet At Himachal Dussehra Fair: Police

The sadhu was electrocuted when he came in contact with a live electric wire as he tried to switch on the light of the toilet, police said.

 Share
EMAIL
PRINT
COMMENTS
UP Sadhu, 28, Electrocuted In Toilet At Himachal Dussehra Fair: Police

Saran Dahia, the sadhu, was electrocuted in his ''pandal'' (Representational)


Shimla: 

A 28-year-old ascetic died from an electric shock in the toilet of a makeshift camp at a Dussehra fair in Himachal Pradesh's Kullu district, police said on Saturday.

Saran Dahia, a resident of Uttar Pradesh's Sitapur, was electrocuted in his ''pandal'' in the Dhalpur ground area on Friday, said Kullu Superintendent of Police Gaurav Singh.

The sadhu was electrocuted when he came in contact with a live electric wire as he tried to switch on the light of the toilet, the officer said.

His hand was slightly burnt and a broken bulb was found lying near him, the SP said.

A case of negligence has been registered in connection with the incident, the officer added.



Follow NDTV for latest election news and live coverage of assembly elections 2019 in Maharashtra and Haryana.
Subscribe to our YouTube channel, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for latest news and live news updates.

NDTV Beeps - your daily newsletter

................................ Advertisement ................................

................................ Advertisement ................................

................................ Advertisement ................................