Baby Allegedly Branded With Hot Iron To Cure Fever In Gujarat, Dies

Doctors said that the boy, who was suffering from pneumonia, was branded by a village quack.

 Share
EMAIL
PRINT
COMMENTS
Baby Allegedly Branded With Hot Iron To Cure Fever In Gujarat, Dies

The baby died of an infected burn injury, doctors said. (Representational)


Palanpur, Gujarat Singh: 

Four days after he was branded with hot iron by a quack to cure a fever, a one-year-old child died at a hospital in Ahmedabad today, doctors said.

Doctors said that the boy, who was suffering from pneumonia, was branded by a village quack.

"The boy had pneumonia. After being branded with hot iron, his condition became critical. An infected burn injury claimed his life," doctors said.



Get Breaking news, live coverage, and Latest News from India and around the world on NDTV.com. Catch all the Live TV action on NDTV 24x7 and NDTV India. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for latest news and live news updates.

NDTV Beeps - your daily newsletter

................................ Advertisement ................................

................................ Advertisement ................................

................................ Advertisement ................................