Three labourers died in Maharashtra's Palghar due to exposure to toxic gases while cleaning a septic tank in a housing society, the police said today.
"The three labourers, between the 25 to 35 years of age, went into the septic tank to clean it. They possibly inhaled toxic gases and died inside," they added.
The police have registered a case against 8 people for negligence.
The bodies of the labourers were pulled out by the fire brigade personnel and a team of disaster management cell.
Get Breaking news, live coverage, and Latest News from India and around the world on NDTV.com. Catch all the Live TV action on NDTV 24x7 and NDTV India. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for latest news and live news updates.