Who On Covid 19
-
{
- All
- News
- Videos
- Photos
- Web Stories
-
2 Indians Among Crew On Cruise Ship Hit By Deadly Hantavirus Outbreak
- Friday May 8, 2026
- Health | Written by Shreya Goswami
Two Indian crew members are onboard the MV Hondius cruise ship linked to a deadly hantavirus outbreak that has killed three people. WHO says the virus spreads differently from Covid-19 and does not currently pose a pandemic threat.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
"This Is Not Covid, Nor Influenza. It Spreads Very Differently": WHO On Hantavirus Outbreak
- Friday May 8, 2026
- Health | Written by Varsha Vats
While a recent outbreak on the cruise ship involved the Andes strain, the only type known to pass between humans, transmission still requires very close, intimate contact.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Covid-19 Cicada Variant: Can Current Vaccines Protect Against BA.3.2 Subvariant?
- Friday April 3, 2026
- Health | Written by Varsha Vats
The BA.3.2 sub-variant was first detected in South Africa in late 2024. The variant has been detected in at least 23 countries worldwide.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Woman Who Lost Husband In Covid Allowed To Settle Loan On Relaxed Terms
- Wednesday January 28, 2026
- India News | Indo-Asian News Service
The Supreme Court has granted relief to a widow who lost her husband during the second wave of Covid-19 by permitting her to settle a bank loan on relaxed terms.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Five Years On, WHO Urges China To Share Data On Covid Origins
- Monday December 30, 2024
- World News | Agence France-Presse
The World Health Organization on Monday implored China to share data and access to help understand how Covid-19 began, five years on from the start of the pandemic that upended the planet.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
COVID-19 Still A Global Health Threat, New Variant Under Scanner: WHO Chief
- Friday August 18, 2023
- World News | Press Trust of India
Director-General of WHO Dr Tedros Ghebreyesus on Friday said though COVID-19 is no longer a health emergency for the world, it is still a 'global health threat' and a new variant of coronavirus is already under the scanner.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
WHO On China's "Excess Covid Mortality"
- Tuesday January 17, 2023
- World News | Reuters
China said on Saturday that nearly 60,000 people with COVID-19 had died in hospital since it abandoned its zero-COVID policy last month.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
WHO Says Chief Spoke With Chinese Officials, Welcomes Covid Data: Report
- Sunday January 15, 2023
- World News | Reuters
The World Health Organization's head has spoken with Chinese authorities and the agency welcomed new information about the situation in the country, WHO said on Saturday after
-
www.ndtv.com
-
China Covid Cases Not Expected To "Significantly Impact" Europe: WHO
- Tuesday January 10, 2023
- World News | Agence France-Presse
The World Health Organization said on Tuesday it did not expect a surge of Covid-19 cases in China to "significantly impact" the situation in Europe.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
China Media Plays Down Covid Severity As WHO Seeks Details On Outbreak
- Tuesday January 3, 2023
- World News | Reuters
State media in China played down the severity of a surge of COVID-19 infections ahead of an expected briefing on Tuesday by its scientists to the World Health Organization, which is hoping for a "detailed discussion" on the evolution of the virus.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
WHO Urges China To Provide More Data, Regular Updates On Covid Situation
- Saturday December 31, 2022
- World News | Reuters
The WHO once again urged China's health officials to regularly share specific and real-time information regarding the COVID-19 situation in the country, including more genetic sequencing data and data on hospitalizations and deaths.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
WHO Says Concern Over China Covid Surge "Understandable"
- Friday December 30, 2022
- World News | Agence France-Presse
Restrictions some countries have introduced in response to China's Covid-19 surge are "understandable", given the lack of information from Beijing, the head of the World Health Organization said Thursday.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
China Eases Zero-Covid Policy That Sparked Massive Protests Last Week
- Monday December 5, 2022
- World News | Agence France-Presse
Businesses reopened and testing requirements were relaxed in Beijing and other Chinese cities on Monday as the country tentatively eases out of a strict zero-COVID policy that sparked nationwide protests.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
iPhone Factory Workers' Protest: Over 20,000 New Hires Said to Leave Foxconn's Zhengzhou Plant
- Friday November 25, 2022
- Reuters
Foxconn is said to have seen over 20,000 new hires leave the company's Zhengzhou iPhone plant in China, after widespread worker protests that rocked the facility over a pay dispute. The company apologised for committing a pay-related "technical error" when hiring new recruits, offered remuneration to employees who wanted to resign and leave the cha...
-
www.gadgets360.com
-
Foxconn Apologises for Pay Dispute at iPhone Factory, Said to Pay Workers Opting to Return Home
- Thursday November 24, 2022
- Associated Press
Foxconn on Thursday apologised after workers at its iPhone assembly plant were beaten in protests earlier this week. The firm has reportedly offered up to CNY 10,000 yuan (roughly Rs. 1.1 lakh) to new hires who choose to leave. Foxconn has been desperate to keep operations ticking along at its iPhone factory in China after a handful of COVID-19 cas...
-
www.gadgets360.com
-
2 Indians Among Crew On Cruise Ship Hit By Deadly Hantavirus Outbreak
- Friday May 8, 2026
- Health | Written by Shreya Goswami
Two Indian crew members are onboard the MV Hondius cruise ship linked to a deadly hantavirus outbreak that has killed three people. WHO says the virus spreads differently from Covid-19 and does not currently pose a pandemic threat.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
"This Is Not Covid, Nor Influenza. It Spreads Very Differently": WHO On Hantavirus Outbreak
- Friday May 8, 2026
- Health | Written by Varsha Vats
While a recent outbreak on the cruise ship involved the Andes strain, the only type known to pass between humans, transmission still requires very close, intimate contact.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Covid-19 Cicada Variant: Can Current Vaccines Protect Against BA.3.2 Subvariant?
- Friday April 3, 2026
- Health | Written by Varsha Vats
The BA.3.2 sub-variant was first detected in South Africa in late 2024. The variant has been detected in at least 23 countries worldwide.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Woman Who Lost Husband In Covid Allowed To Settle Loan On Relaxed Terms
- Wednesday January 28, 2026
- India News | Indo-Asian News Service
The Supreme Court has granted relief to a widow who lost her husband during the second wave of Covid-19 by permitting her to settle a bank loan on relaxed terms.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Five Years On, WHO Urges China To Share Data On Covid Origins
- Monday December 30, 2024
- World News | Agence France-Presse
The World Health Organization on Monday implored China to share data and access to help understand how Covid-19 began, five years on from the start of the pandemic that upended the planet.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
COVID-19 Still A Global Health Threat, New Variant Under Scanner: WHO Chief
- Friday August 18, 2023
- World News | Press Trust of India
Director-General of WHO Dr Tedros Ghebreyesus on Friday said though COVID-19 is no longer a health emergency for the world, it is still a 'global health threat' and a new variant of coronavirus is already under the scanner.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
WHO On China's "Excess Covid Mortality"
- Tuesday January 17, 2023
- World News | Reuters
China said on Saturday that nearly 60,000 people with COVID-19 had died in hospital since it abandoned its zero-COVID policy last month.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
WHO Says Chief Spoke With Chinese Officials, Welcomes Covid Data: Report
- Sunday January 15, 2023
- World News | Reuters
The World Health Organization's head has spoken with Chinese authorities and the agency welcomed new information about the situation in the country, WHO said on Saturday after
-
www.ndtv.com
-
China Covid Cases Not Expected To "Significantly Impact" Europe: WHO
- Tuesday January 10, 2023
- World News | Agence France-Presse
The World Health Organization said on Tuesday it did not expect a surge of Covid-19 cases in China to "significantly impact" the situation in Europe.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
China Media Plays Down Covid Severity As WHO Seeks Details On Outbreak
- Tuesday January 3, 2023
- World News | Reuters
State media in China played down the severity of a surge of COVID-19 infections ahead of an expected briefing on Tuesday by its scientists to the World Health Organization, which is hoping for a "detailed discussion" on the evolution of the virus.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
WHO Urges China To Provide More Data, Regular Updates On Covid Situation
- Saturday December 31, 2022
- World News | Reuters
The WHO once again urged China's health officials to regularly share specific and real-time information regarding the COVID-19 situation in the country, including more genetic sequencing data and data on hospitalizations and deaths.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
WHO Says Concern Over China Covid Surge "Understandable"
- Friday December 30, 2022
- World News | Agence France-Presse
Restrictions some countries have introduced in response to China's Covid-19 surge are "understandable", given the lack of information from Beijing, the head of the World Health Organization said Thursday.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
China Eases Zero-Covid Policy That Sparked Massive Protests Last Week
- Monday December 5, 2022
- World News | Agence France-Presse
Businesses reopened and testing requirements were relaxed in Beijing and other Chinese cities on Monday as the country tentatively eases out of a strict zero-COVID policy that sparked nationwide protests.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
iPhone Factory Workers' Protest: Over 20,000 New Hires Said to Leave Foxconn's Zhengzhou Plant
- Friday November 25, 2022
- Reuters
Foxconn is said to have seen over 20,000 new hires leave the company's Zhengzhou iPhone plant in China, after widespread worker protests that rocked the facility over a pay dispute. The company apologised for committing a pay-related "technical error" when hiring new recruits, offered remuneration to employees who wanted to resign and leave the cha...
-
www.gadgets360.com
-
Foxconn Apologises for Pay Dispute at iPhone Factory, Said to Pay Workers Opting to Return Home
- Thursday November 24, 2022
- Associated Press
Foxconn on Thursday apologised after workers at its iPhone assembly plant were beaten in protests earlier this week. The firm has reportedly offered up to CNY 10,000 yuan (roughly Rs. 1.1 lakh) to new hires who choose to leave. Foxconn has been desperate to keep operations ticking along at its iPhone factory in China after a handful of COVID-19 cas...
-
www.gadgets360.com