Migrant Labourers Lockdown
- All
- News
- Videos
-
Delhi Lt Governor's "Take Back" Order On Covid Curbs Cases On Migrants
- Tuesday July 26, 2022
- India News | Press Trust of India
Delhi Lieutenant Governor V K Saxena has approved the withdrawal of 15 cases against 64 migrant labourers for violating lockdown measures during the pandemic, an official statement said on Tuesday.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Gujarat To Withdraw Over 500 Cases Of Lockdown Violation Against Migrants
- Thursday July 1, 2021
- India News | Press Trust of India
The Gujarat government on Thursday said it has decided to withdraw more than 500 police cases that were filed against migrant labourers last year for defying the lockdown-related rules
-
www.ndtv.com
-
No Plan To Stop Train Services, No Covid Negative Certificate Needed Either: Railways
- Friday April 9, 2021
- India News | Press Trust of India
Railways said there is no plan to curtail or stop train services and assured passengers that trains will be provided on demand amidst reports of migrant workers rushing to their hometowns, reminiscent of the days following the COVID-19 lockdown
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Migrants' Hardships Theme Of Many Durga Puja Pandals In Bengal
- Sunday October 18, 2020
- India News | Press Trust of India
Many Durga Puja committees in West Bengal have chosen the theme of the hardships faced by migrant labourers while returning home during lockdown to COVID-19 pandemic issue for the five-day festival starting from October 22.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Railway Minister Piyush Goyal Says 97 Migrants Died On Shramik Trains During COVID-19 Lockdown
- Saturday September 19, 2020
- India News | Press Trust of India
The government has informed the Rajya Sabha that 97 people died on board the Shramik Specials, admitting for the first time that migrant labourers lost their lives in the trains which were run to ferry them during the COVID-19 lockdown.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
After Backlash, Government's "Clarification" On Migrant Deaths
- Wednesday September 16, 2020
- India News | Reported by Arvind Gunasekar, Himanshu Shekhar Mishra, Edited by Deepshikha Ghosh
Facing opposition attacks for saying there is "no data" on migrant deaths in the coronavirus lockdown, the government today sought to clarify that there was "no mechanism" to collect such data in districts.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Fake News Caused Migrant Exodus: Government's 2nd Shocker In Parliament
- Wednesday September 16, 2020
- India News | Reported by Sunil Prabhu, Edited by Deepshikha Ghosh
The mass movement of migrants after the country went into lockdown in March to fight the coronavirus was because of "fake news", the government said in parliament on Tuesday, delivering a new shocker a day after saying there was no data on migrant deaths, therefore "no question of" compensation.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
No Data On Migrant Deaths, So No Compensation, Says Government: 10 Points
- Tuesday September 15, 2020
- India News | Reported by Sunil Prabhu
There is no data on migrant deaths so the "question does not arise" of compensation, the Union labour ministry said in parliament on Monday to a question on whether families of those who had lost their lives while trying to reach home in the coronavirus lockdown had been compensated. The government's written response in Lok Sabha on the first day o...
-
www.ndtv.com
-
No Data On Migrant Deaths, So No Compensation: Government To Parliament
- Tuesday September 15, 2020
- India News | Reported by Sunil Prabhu, Edited by Anindita Sanyal
There is no data on migrant deaths so the "question does not arise" of compensation, the Union labour ministry said in parliament on Monday to a question on whether families of those who had lost their lives while trying to reach home in the coronavirus lockdown had been compensated. The government's written response in Lok Sabha on the first day o...
-
www.ndtv.com
-
"Promise Was To End Corona In 21 Days, Ended Jobs Instead": Rahul Gandhi
- Wednesday September 9, 2020
- India News | Reported by Sunil Prabhu, Edited by Nandini Gupta
Congress leader Rahul Gandhi released a new video today targeting Prime Minister Narendra Modi and the central government for "destroying the unorganized sector" - which he had earlier called the backbone of the Indian economy - with the "sudden" nationwide lockdown to check the spread of the coronavirus.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Delhi Lt Governor's "Take Back" Order On Covid Curbs Cases On Migrants
- Tuesday July 26, 2022
- India News | Press Trust of India
Delhi Lieutenant Governor V K Saxena has approved the withdrawal of 15 cases against 64 migrant labourers for violating lockdown measures during the pandemic, an official statement said on Tuesday.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Gujarat To Withdraw Over 500 Cases Of Lockdown Violation Against Migrants
- Thursday July 1, 2021
- India News | Press Trust of India
The Gujarat government on Thursday said it has decided to withdraw more than 500 police cases that were filed against migrant labourers last year for defying the lockdown-related rules
-
www.ndtv.com
-
No Plan To Stop Train Services, No Covid Negative Certificate Needed Either: Railways
- Friday April 9, 2021
- India News | Press Trust of India
Railways said there is no plan to curtail or stop train services and assured passengers that trains will be provided on demand amidst reports of migrant workers rushing to their hometowns, reminiscent of the days following the COVID-19 lockdown
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Migrants' Hardships Theme Of Many Durga Puja Pandals In Bengal
- Sunday October 18, 2020
- India News | Press Trust of India
Many Durga Puja committees in West Bengal have chosen the theme of the hardships faced by migrant labourers while returning home during lockdown to COVID-19 pandemic issue for the five-day festival starting from October 22.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Railway Minister Piyush Goyal Says 97 Migrants Died On Shramik Trains During COVID-19 Lockdown
- Saturday September 19, 2020
- India News | Press Trust of India
The government has informed the Rajya Sabha that 97 people died on board the Shramik Specials, admitting for the first time that migrant labourers lost their lives in the trains which were run to ferry them during the COVID-19 lockdown.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
After Backlash, Government's "Clarification" On Migrant Deaths
- Wednesday September 16, 2020
- India News | Reported by Arvind Gunasekar, Himanshu Shekhar Mishra, Edited by Deepshikha Ghosh
Facing opposition attacks for saying there is "no data" on migrant deaths in the coronavirus lockdown, the government today sought to clarify that there was "no mechanism" to collect such data in districts.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Fake News Caused Migrant Exodus: Government's 2nd Shocker In Parliament
- Wednesday September 16, 2020
- India News | Reported by Sunil Prabhu, Edited by Deepshikha Ghosh
The mass movement of migrants after the country went into lockdown in March to fight the coronavirus was because of "fake news", the government said in parliament on Tuesday, delivering a new shocker a day after saying there was no data on migrant deaths, therefore "no question of" compensation.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
No Data On Migrant Deaths, So No Compensation, Says Government: 10 Points
- Tuesday September 15, 2020
- India News | Reported by Sunil Prabhu
There is no data on migrant deaths so the "question does not arise" of compensation, the Union labour ministry said in parliament on Monday to a question on whether families of those who had lost their lives while trying to reach home in the coronavirus lockdown had been compensated. The government's written response in Lok Sabha on the first day o...
-
www.ndtv.com
-
No Data On Migrant Deaths, So No Compensation: Government To Parliament
- Tuesday September 15, 2020
- India News | Reported by Sunil Prabhu, Edited by Anindita Sanyal
There is no data on migrant deaths so the "question does not arise" of compensation, the Union labour ministry said in parliament on Monday to a question on whether families of those who had lost their lives while trying to reach home in the coronavirus lockdown had been compensated. The government's written response in Lok Sabha on the first day o...
-
www.ndtv.com
-
"Promise Was To End Corona In 21 Days, Ended Jobs Instead": Rahul Gandhi
- Wednesday September 9, 2020
- India News | Reported by Sunil Prabhu, Edited by Nandini Gupta
Congress leader Rahul Gandhi released a new video today targeting Prime Minister Narendra Modi and the central government for "destroying the unorganized sector" - which he had earlier called the backbone of the Indian economy - with the "sudden" nationwide lockdown to check the spread of the coronavirus.
-
www.ndtv.com