Mediterranean Migrant Disaster
- All
- News
-
150 Migrants Feared Dead After Worst Mediterranean Shipwreck This Year
- Friday July 26, 2019
- World News | Chico Harlan, The Washington Post
The United Nations' refugee agency said Thursday that as many as 150 people are feared dead in a shipwreck off the coast of Libya, potentially marking the deadliest migrant disaster in the Mediterranean this year.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Italy Recovers Bodies From Disaster Boat That Sank With Over 800 Aboard
- Monday July 4, 2016
- India News | Agence France-Presse
Italy has started recovering the bodies of migrants from a small fishing boat that sank with more than 800 people over a year ago, a spokesman said on Monday.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Mediterranean Sea Disasters Swallow Up Over 1,000 Migrants
- Wednesday June 1, 2016
- World News | Associated Press
The treacherous Mediterranean Sea crossing from Libya to Italy has claimed the lives of over 1,030 migrants in the last week, mostly as barely seaworthy smuggling boats foundered and sank despite calm seas and sunny skies, a migration agency said Tuesday, citing new accounts from survivors.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
More Than 200 Feared Dead in Mediterranean Migrant Boat Tragedy
- Thursday August 6, 2015
- World News | Reuters
Hopes faded of finding survivors today from the sinking of a boat in which an estimated 200 migrants were feared drowned, as rescue ships were called to the aid of more migrant boats in the same area of the Mediterranean.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Major Migrant Rescue Operation Underway in Mediterranean
- Sunday June 7, 2015
- World News | Agence France-Presse
Nearly 3,500 migrants were rescued Saturday from 15 boats off the coast of Libya, Italy's coastguard said.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
European Union Leaders to Restore Rescue Operations After Migrant Boat Disaster
- Thursday April 23, 2015
- World News | Reuters
European Union leaders who decided last year to halt the rescue of migrants trying to cross the Mediterranean will reverse their decision on Thursday at a summit hastily convened after nearly 2,000 people died at sea.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Mediterranean Migrants Could Surge to 500,000 This Year: International Maritime Organization Chief
- Wednesday April 22, 2015
- World News | Agence France-Presse
The number of migrants crossing the Mediterranean could surge to 500,000 this year, with deaths at sea reaching thousands if no action is taken against the people who traffic them, the head of the UN's maritime agency warned .
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Italy PM Matteo Renzi Urges Collective EU Action to Tackle Migrant Trafficking
- Wednesday April 22, 2015
- World News | Reuters
The European Union must take a collective stand to tackle migrant trafficking at its source in African countries, Prime Minister Matteo Renzi said on Wednesday.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Boat Skipper Facing Mass Murder Charge Over Migrant Disaster
- Tuesday April 21, 2015
- World News | Agence France-Presse
The captain of a migrant boat that capsized in the Mediterranean's deadliest disaster in decades was arrested today on suspicion of causing the deaths of an estimated 800 people.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Bodies From Migrant Boat Disaster Brought to Malta
- Monday April 20, 2015
- World News | Reuters
An Italian patrol ship arrived in Malta on Monday with 24 corpses recovered out of hundreds feared drowned after a migrant boat capsized in the Mediterranean, in one of the worst disasters yet in a growing humanitarian crisis.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
150 Migrants Feared Dead After Worst Mediterranean Shipwreck This Year
- Friday July 26, 2019
- World News | Chico Harlan, The Washington Post
The United Nations' refugee agency said Thursday that as many as 150 people are feared dead in a shipwreck off the coast of Libya, potentially marking the deadliest migrant disaster in the Mediterranean this year.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Italy Recovers Bodies From Disaster Boat That Sank With Over 800 Aboard
- Monday July 4, 2016
- India News | Agence France-Presse
Italy has started recovering the bodies of migrants from a small fishing boat that sank with more than 800 people over a year ago, a spokesman said on Monday.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Mediterranean Sea Disasters Swallow Up Over 1,000 Migrants
- Wednesday June 1, 2016
- World News | Associated Press
The treacherous Mediterranean Sea crossing from Libya to Italy has claimed the lives of over 1,030 migrants in the last week, mostly as barely seaworthy smuggling boats foundered and sank despite calm seas and sunny skies, a migration agency said Tuesday, citing new accounts from survivors.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
More Than 200 Feared Dead in Mediterranean Migrant Boat Tragedy
- Thursday August 6, 2015
- World News | Reuters
Hopes faded of finding survivors today from the sinking of a boat in which an estimated 200 migrants were feared drowned, as rescue ships were called to the aid of more migrant boats in the same area of the Mediterranean.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Major Migrant Rescue Operation Underway in Mediterranean
- Sunday June 7, 2015
- World News | Agence France-Presse
Nearly 3,500 migrants were rescued Saturday from 15 boats off the coast of Libya, Italy's coastguard said.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
European Union Leaders to Restore Rescue Operations After Migrant Boat Disaster
- Thursday April 23, 2015
- World News | Reuters
European Union leaders who decided last year to halt the rescue of migrants trying to cross the Mediterranean will reverse their decision on Thursday at a summit hastily convened after nearly 2,000 people died at sea.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Mediterranean Migrants Could Surge to 500,000 This Year: International Maritime Organization Chief
- Wednesday April 22, 2015
- World News | Agence France-Presse
The number of migrants crossing the Mediterranean could surge to 500,000 this year, with deaths at sea reaching thousands if no action is taken against the people who traffic them, the head of the UN's maritime agency warned .
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Italy PM Matteo Renzi Urges Collective EU Action to Tackle Migrant Trafficking
- Wednesday April 22, 2015
- World News | Reuters
The European Union must take a collective stand to tackle migrant trafficking at its source in African countries, Prime Minister Matteo Renzi said on Wednesday.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Boat Skipper Facing Mass Murder Charge Over Migrant Disaster
- Tuesday April 21, 2015
- World News | Agence France-Presse
The captain of a migrant boat that capsized in the Mediterranean's deadliest disaster in decades was arrested today on suspicion of causing the deaths of an estimated 800 people.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Bodies From Migrant Boat Disaster Brought to Malta
- Monday April 20, 2015
- World News | Reuters
An Italian patrol ship arrived in Malta on Monday with 24 corpses recovered out of hundreds feared drowned after a migrant boat capsized in the Mediterranean, in one of the worst disasters yet in a growing humanitarian crisis.
-
www.ndtv.com