Italian Migrant Shipwreck
- All
- News
-
27 Dead After Italy Migrant Shipwreck, Search Ops Underway
- Thursday August 14, 2025
- World News | Agence France-Presse
Italian authorities resumed their search Thursday for migrants missing at sea after two boats sank off the island of Lampedusa, with 27 people already confirmed dead.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
UK PM Starmer Meets Italy PM Meloni To Discuss Illegal Immigration
- Monday September 16, 2024
- World News | Agence France-Presse
British Prime Minister Keir Starmer meets Italian counterpart Giorgia Meloni in Rome on Monday to discuss tackling illegal immigration, a day after another Channel migrant shipwreck claimed eight lives.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
41 Dead In Migrant Shipwreck Off Italy's Lampedusa Island: Report
- Wednesday August 9, 2023
- World News | Reuters
Forty-one migrants died in a shipwreck last week in the central Mediterranean, the Ansa news agency reported on Wednesday, citing accounts from survivors who have just reached the Italian island of Lampedusa.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
At Least 30 Migrants Missing After 2 Shipwrecks Off Italian Island: Report
- Sunday August 6, 2023
- World News | Agence France-Presse
At least 30 migrants are missing following two shipwrecks off the Italian island of Lampedusa, according to survivor testimony, the UN's migration agency said Sunday.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
"Unable To Save Them": Fisherman Mourns After Italian Migrant Shipwreck
- Thursday March 2, 2023
- World News | Reuters
It was a Sunday that Italian fisherman Vincenzo Luciano will never forget. Well before dawn he ran to the beach near his house and started pulling bodies from the sea, victims of a deadly migrant shipwreck that has so far claimed 67 lives.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
"A Gruesome Sight...": 43 Die In Migrant Shipwreck In Italy
- Sunday February 26, 2023
- World News | Reuters
Forty-three people died while 80 people survived when a boat carrying migrants crashed against rocks near the coast of southern Italy early on Sunday, the Italian coast guard and police said.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Italy Recovers 217 Bodies From Hull Of 2015 Sunken Migrant Shipwreck
- Thursday July 7, 2016
- World News | Reuters
Italian navy officials say they have recovered 217 bodies from the hull of a migrant ship that sank off Libya last year in a tragedy that sparked the EU to beef up Mediterranean rescue operations.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Drowned Migrant Baby Was Probably Somali: Italian Police
- Thursday June 2, 2016
- World News | Reuters
A dead baby plucked out of the sea whose picture caused international outrage this week was probably a six-month-old Somali boy whose mother most likely died in the same shipwreck, Italian authorities said on Wednesday.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Italy Begins Recovery of 800 Migrant Bodies From Mediterranean Shipwreck
- Tuesday June 30, 2015
- World News | Reuters
The Italian navy on Monday said it had begun efforts to recover the bodies of some 800 migrants killed in a shipwreck in the Mediterranean in April, as authorities rescued another 4,400 people making the dangerous sea journey to Europe.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Mediterranean Shipwreck Crew Won't Face Kidnapping Charge
- Wednesday May 20, 2015
- World News | Reuters
Two smugglers arrested over the deaths of hundreds drowned in the Mediterranean's most deadly shipwreck in decades will not be charged with kidnapping because assertions that migrants had been locked below deck had proved wrong, an Italian prosecutor said on Tuesday.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
27 Dead After Italy Migrant Shipwreck, Search Ops Underway
- Thursday August 14, 2025
- World News | Agence France-Presse
Italian authorities resumed their search Thursday for migrants missing at sea after two boats sank off the island of Lampedusa, with 27 people already confirmed dead.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
UK PM Starmer Meets Italy PM Meloni To Discuss Illegal Immigration
- Monday September 16, 2024
- World News | Agence France-Presse
British Prime Minister Keir Starmer meets Italian counterpart Giorgia Meloni in Rome on Monday to discuss tackling illegal immigration, a day after another Channel migrant shipwreck claimed eight lives.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
41 Dead In Migrant Shipwreck Off Italy's Lampedusa Island: Report
- Wednesday August 9, 2023
- World News | Reuters
Forty-one migrants died in a shipwreck last week in the central Mediterranean, the Ansa news agency reported on Wednesday, citing accounts from survivors who have just reached the Italian island of Lampedusa.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
At Least 30 Migrants Missing After 2 Shipwrecks Off Italian Island: Report
- Sunday August 6, 2023
- World News | Agence France-Presse
At least 30 migrants are missing following two shipwrecks off the Italian island of Lampedusa, according to survivor testimony, the UN's migration agency said Sunday.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
"Unable To Save Them": Fisherman Mourns After Italian Migrant Shipwreck
- Thursday March 2, 2023
- World News | Reuters
It was a Sunday that Italian fisherman Vincenzo Luciano will never forget. Well before dawn he ran to the beach near his house and started pulling bodies from the sea, victims of a deadly migrant shipwreck that has so far claimed 67 lives.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
"A Gruesome Sight...": 43 Die In Migrant Shipwreck In Italy
- Sunday February 26, 2023
- World News | Reuters
Forty-three people died while 80 people survived when a boat carrying migrants crashed against rocks near the coast of southern Italy early on Sunday, the Italian coast guard and police said.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Italy Recovers 217 Bodies From Hull Of 2015 Sunken Migrant Shipwreck
- Thursday July 7, 2016
- World News | Reuters
Italian navy officials say they have recovered 217 bodies from the hull of a migrant ship that sank off Libya last year in a tragedy that sparked the EU to beef up Mediterranean rescue operations.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Drowned Migrant Baby Was Probably Somali: Italian Police
- Thursday June 2, 2016
- World News | Reuters
A dead baby plucked out of the sea whose picture caused international outrage this week was probably a six-month-old Somali boy whose mother most likely died in the same shipwreck, Italian authorities said on Wednesday.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Italy Begins Recovery of 800 Migrant Bodies From Mediterranean Shipwreck
- Tuesday June 30, 2015
- World News | Reuters
The Italian navy on Monday said it had begun efforts to recover the bodies of some 800 migrants killed in a shipwreck in the Mediterranean in April, as authorities rescued another 4,400 people making the dangerous sea journey to Europe.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Mediterranean Shipwreck Crew Won't Face Kidnapping Charge
- Wednesday May 20, 2015
- World News | Reuters
Two smugglers arrested over the deaths of hundreds drowned in the Mediterranean's most deadly shipwreck in decades will not be charged with kidnapping because assertions that migrants had been locked below deck had proved wrong, an Italian prosecutor said on Tuesday.
-
www.ndtv.com