Hostages In Sydney Cafe
- All
- News
- Videos
-
Sydney Siege Gunman Fired At Hostages But Missed: Lawyer
- Tuesday March 22, 2016
- World News | Agence France-Presse
The inquest was told that police had hoped to "contain and negotiate" with Monis, who was armed with the gun and thought to have a bomb in his backpack. It was later discovered to be fake.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Australian Siege Cafe to Reopen This Week
- Tuesday March 17, 2015
- World News | Agence France-Presse
An Australian cafe where a gunman inspired by the Islamic State group took customers and staff hostage in a deadly siege will reopen on Friday, a spokesman said.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Sydney Siege Report Signals Tighter Immigration Curbs
- Sunday February 22, 2015
- World News | Reuters
Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott foreshadowed tighter immigration controls today when he released the first report into a siege last December in Sydney's Lindt cafe, in which two hostages and the gunman were killed.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Australian Anti-Terror Police Say Imminent Islamic State-Linked Attack Thwarted
- Wednesday February 11, 2015
- World News | Reuters
Australian counter-terrorism police said today they had thwarted an imminent attack linked to the Islamic State militant group after arresting two men in Sydney a day earlier.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Sydney Cafe Hostage Killed by Police Bullet: Inquest
- Thursday January 29, 2015
- World News | Associated Press
A lawyer assisting a coroner says a hostage who died during a siege in a downtown Sydney cafe was killed when she was struck by fragments of a police bullet.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Sydney Cafe Inquest to Shed Light on How Hostages Died
- Wednesday January 28, 2015
- World News | Agence France-Presse
An inquest into the deadly siege in which an extremist gunman held a cafe full of people captive in Sydney opens on Thursday, amid expectation it will officially lift the lid on how two hostages died.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Australia to Erect Permanent Memorial for Sydney Siege Victims
- Sunday January 11, 2015
- World News | Agence France-Presse
Australia will built a permanent memorial to remember the victims of the Sydney cafe siege, officials said Sunday as they vowed never to forget the two hostages who died in the stand-off.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Australian Police Concerned Sydney Siege Gunman was Free on Bail
- Wednesday December 17, 2014
- World News | Reuters
The commissioner of police in Australia's New South Wales state, Andrew Scipione, said today he was concerned that the man who took hostages in a Sydney cafe siege had been granted bail on earlier charges, leaving him free in the community.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Security Stepped Up As Australia Vows Transparent Siege Probe
- Wednesday December 17, 2014
- World News | Agence France-Presse
Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott today vowed a transparent probe into why a deranged Islamic gunman was not under surveillance, as security was stepped up after a fatal cafe siege to reassure people now in the grip of fear.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Sydney Hostages Pleaded for Sick, Elderly, Young
- Tuesday December 16, 2014
- World News | Associated Press
The hostages in Sydney pleaded for help - for those among them who were pregnant, sick and elderly and for those who were young and deserved a shot at a decent life.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Sydney Siege Gunman Fired At Hostages But Missed: Lawyer
- Tuesday March 22, 2016
- World News | Agence France-Presse
The inquest was told that police had hoped to "contain and negotiate" with Monis, who was armed with the gun and thought to have a bomb in his backpack. It was later discovered to be fake.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Australian Siege Cafe to Reopen This Week
- Tuesday March 17, 2015
- World News | Agence France-Presse
An Australian cafe where a gunman inspired by the Islamic State group took customers and staff hostage in a deadly siege will reopen on Friday, a spokesman said.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Sydney Siege Report Signals Tighter Immigration Curbs
- Sunday February 22, 2015
- World News | Reuters
Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott foreshadowed tighter immigration controls today when he released the first report into a siege last December in Sydney's Lindt cafe, in which two hostages and the gunman were killed.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Australian Anti-Terror Police Say Imminent Islamic State-Linked Attack Thwarted
- Wednesday February 11, 2015
- World News | Reuters
Australian counter-terrorism police said today they had thwarted an imminent attack linked to the Islamic State militant group after arresting two men in Sydney a day earlier.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Sydney Cafe Hostage Killed by Police Bullet: Inquest
- Thursday January 29, 2015
- World News | Associated Press
A lawyer assisting a coroner says a hostage who died during a siege in a downtown Sydney cafe was killed when she was struck by fragments of a police bullet.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Sydney Cafe Inquest to Shed Light on How Hostages Died
- Wednesday January 28, 2015
- World News | Agence France-Presse
An inquest into the deadly siege in which an extremist gunman held a cafe full of people captive in Sydney opens on Thursday, amid expectation it will officially lift the lid on how two hostages died.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Australia to Erect Permanent Memorial for Sydney Siege Victims
- Sunday January 11, 2015
- World News | Agence France-Presse
Australia will built a permanent memorial to remember the victims of the Sydney cafe siege, officials said Sunday as they vowed never to forget the two hostages who died in the stand-off.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Australian Police Concerned Sydney Siege Gunman was Free on Bail
- Wednesday December 17, 2014
- World News | Reuters
The commissioner of police in Australia's New South Wales state, Andrew Scipione, said today he was concerned that the man who took hostages in a Sydney cafe siege had been granted bail on earlier charges, leaving him free in the community.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Security Stepped Up As Australia Vows Transparent Siege Probe
- Wednesday December 17, 2014
- World News | Agence France-Presse
Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott today vowed a transparent probe into why a deranged Islamic gunman was not under surveillance, as security was stepped up after a fatal cafe siege to reassure people now in the grip of fear.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Sydney Hostages Pleaded for Sick, Elderly, Young
- Tuesday December 16, 2014
- World News | Associated Press
The hostages in Sydney pleaded for help - for those among them who were pregnant, sick and elderly and for those who were young and deserved a shot at a decent life.
-
www.ndtv.com