Australian Gunman
-
{
- All
- News
- Videos
-
"Hero" Who Wrestled Bondi Beach Gunman Gets Rs 14 Crore From Fundraising
- Friday December 19, 2025
- World News | Reuters
A man credited with saving lives for wrestling a gun from one of the alleged attackers during a mass shooting at Australia's Bondi Beach received a cheque for more than A$2.5 million ($1.65 million) on Friday
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Floral Tributes Pour In For Australian "Hero" Who Disarmed Bondi Shooter
- Tuesday December 16, 2025
- World News | Reuters
Flowers were laid on Tuesday in front of the shuttered shop of Ahmed al Ahmed, the 43-year-old tobacco shop owner who locals hailed as the "Bondi hero" after he wrestled a gun from one of the attackers during a mass shooting on Sydney's Bondi Beach.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
"You're An Australian Hero": Anthony Albanese Meets Man Who Disarmed Sydney Shooters
- Tuesday December 16, 2025
- World News | Edited by Anwesha Singh
Australian Prime Minister Anthony Albanese visited Bondi Beach shooting hero Ahmed al Ahmed in the hospital on Tuesday, praising his extraordinary bravery in stopping what was described as the nation's deadliest gun attack in decades.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
The Misidentification Of Ahmed Al Ahmed, Sydney Bondi Beach Shooting Hero
- Monday December 15, 2025
- World News | Edited by Samiran Mishra
In the hours after one of the deadliest mass shootings in modern Australian history, the footage that travelled fastest across social media was of a man lunging from behind, wrapping his arms around a gunman, wrestling a firearm away.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
"Ducked, Saw Gunman's Feet": Australian Fashion Designer Recounts Beach Tragedy
- Monday December 15, 2025
- World News | Edited by NDTV News Desk
Pip Edwards said she had been at the iconic Sydney beach with her friend Jess Engles on Sunday when gunmen opened fire, forcing them to flee and take cover.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Who Is Ahmed Al Ahmed, The Heroic Bystander Who Disarmed Sydney Shooter
- Monday December 15, 2025
- World News | Edited by Prapti Upadhayay
Australians on Sunday praised a man described as a "hero" after his quick thinking during a mass shooting at Sydney's Bondi Beach, the deadliest attack in the country in years.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Australian Twins Speak In Unison While Recalling Armed Carjacking, Go Viral
- Wednesday April 23, 2025
- World News | Edited by NDTV News Desk
Two identical twin sisters from Queensland are going viral after ruminating about their frightening encounter with an alleged gunman, but it's not the story that's drawing attention.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Shots Fired At Australia's Canberra Airport, 1 Arrested With Firearm: Cops
- Sunday August 14, 2022
- World News | Reuters
Australian capital Canberra's airport was evacuated and a man arrested after gunshots were heard in the main terminal building, police said on Sunday.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
New Zealand Mosque Gunman Emotionless As Survivors Confront Him In Court
- Monday August 24, 2020
- World News | Agence France-Presse
The Australian white supremacist who murdered 51 Muslims in last year'sNewZealandmosques shooting showed no emotionashis sentencing hearing opened Monday with horrific details of an atrocity prosecutors said was meticulously planned to inflict maximum casualties.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
45-Year-Old Gunman Kills Four, Injures One In North Australia; Arrested
- Wednesday June 5, 2019
- World News | Reuters
A gunman killed four people and wounded one in the Australian city of Darwin on Tuesday, authorities said, in one of the country's most violent attacks in years.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Christchurch Gunman Allegedly Plotted Carnage In Quiet New Zealand Town
- Friday March 22, 2019
- World News | Shibani Mahtani, Wilma McKay, Kate Shuttleworth, The Washington Post
When the stocky Australian man moved into the bluish-gray house perched on a small incline in 2017, he told the young couple next door he had traveled the world and was now looking to settle down.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
"Go Home, She Won't Come," Husband Was Told After New Zealand Shooting
- Wednesday March 20, 2019
- World News | Reuters
A total of 50 people were killed in the rampage, with as many wounded, as the gunman went from Al Noor to another mosque in the South Island city. Most victims were migrants or refugees from countries including Pakistan, India, Malaysia, Syria, Turkey, Somalia and Afghanistan.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
"He Will, When I Speak, Be Nameless": New Zealand PM On Terrorist
- Tuesday March 19, 2019
- World News | Agence France-Presse
Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern, vowing never to utter the name of the Australian gunman charged with the terror attack that killed 50 people, promised grieving New Zealanders Tuesday he will face the "full force of the law".
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Australian Police Search Homes Linked To New Zealand Mosque Attacks
- Monday March 18, 2019
- World News | Agence France-Presse
Australian counter-terrorism police searched two homes early Monday linked to the gunman accused of killing 50 people at two New Zealand mosques last week, police said.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
"We're All Gobsmacked": New Zealand Gunman's Family
- Sunday March 17, 2019
- World News | Agence France-Presse
The family of the Australian man arrested for killing 50 Muslim worshippers in New Zealand said on Sunday they were stunned and "shattered" by his horrific deed.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
"Hero" Who Wrestled Bondi Beach Gunman Gets Rs 14 Crore From Fundraising
- Friday December 19, 2025
- World News | Reuters
A man credited with saving lives for wrestling a gun from one of the alleged attackers during a mass shooting at Australia's Bondi Beach received a cheque for more than A$2.5 million ($1.65 million) on Friday
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Floral Tributes Pour In For Australian "Hero" Who Disarmed Bondi Shooter
- Tuesday December 16, 2025
- World News | Reuters
Flowers were laid on Tuesday in front of the shuttered shop of Ahmed al Ahmed, the 43-year-old tobacco shop owner who locals hailed as the "Bondi hero" after he wrestled a gun from one of the attackers during a mass shooting on Sydney's Bondi Beach.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
"You're An Australian Hero": Anthony Albanese Meets Man Who Disarmed Sydney Shooters
- Tuesday December 16, 2025
- World News | Edited by Anwesha Singh
Australian Prime Minister Anthony Albanese visited Bondi Beach shooting hero Ahmed al Ahmed in the hospital on Tuesday, praising his extraordinary bravery in stopping what was described as the nation's deadliest gun attack in decades.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
The Misidentification Of Ahmed Al Ahmed, Sydney Bondi Beach Shooting Hero
- Monday December 15, 2025
- World News | Edited by Samiran Mishra
In the hours after one of the deadliest mass shootings in modern Australian history, the footage that travelled fastest across social media was of a man lunging from behind, wrapping his arms around a gunman, wrestling a firearm away.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
"Ducked, Saw Gunman's Feet": Australian Fashion Designer Recounts Beach Tragedy
- Monday December 15, 2025
- World News | Edited by NDTV News Desk
Pip Edwards said she had been at the iconic Sydney beach with her friend Jess Engles on Sunday when gunmen opened fire, forcing them to flee and take cover.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Who Is Ahmed Al Ahmed, The Heroic Bystander Who Disarmed Sydney Shooter
- Monday December 15, 2025
- World News | Edited by Prapti Upadhayay
Australians on Sunday praised a man described as a "hero" after his quick thinking during a mass shooting at Sydney's Bondi Beach, the deadliest attack in the country in years.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Australian Twins Speak In Unison While Recalling Armed Carjacking, Go Viral
- Wednesday April 23, 2025
- World News | Edited by NDTV News Desk
Two identical twin sisters from Queensland are going viral after ruminating about their frightening encounter with an alleged gunman, but it's not the story that's drawing attention.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Shots Fired At Australia's Canberra Airport, 1 Arrested With Firearm: Cops
- Sunday August 14, 2022
- World News | Reuters
Australian capital Canberra's airport was evacuated and a man arrested after gunshots were heard in the main terminal building, police said on Sunday.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
New Zealand Mosque Gunman Emotionless As Survivors Confront Him In Court
- Monday August 24, 2020
- World News | Agence France-Presse
The Australian white supremacist who murdered 51 Muslims in last year'sNewZealandmosques shooting showed no emotionashis sentencing hearing opened Monday with horrific details of an atrocity prosecutors said was meticulously planned to inflict maximum casualties.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
45-Year-Old Gunman Kills Four, Injures One In North Australia; Arrested
- Wednesday June 5, 2019
- World News | Reuters
A gunman killed four people and wounded one in the Australian city of Darwin on Tuesday, authorities said, in one of the country's most violent attacks in years.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Christchurch Gunman Allegedly Plotted Carnage In Quiet New Zealand Town
- Friday March 22, 2019
- World News | Shibani Mahtani, Wilma McKay, Kate Shuttleworth, The Washington Post
When the stocky Australian man moved into the bluish-gray house perched on a small incline in 2017, he told the young couple next door he had traveled the world and was now looking to settle down.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
"Go Home, She Won't Come," Husband Was Told After New Zealand Shooting
- Wednesday March 20, 2019
- World News | Reuters
A total of 50 people were killed in the rampage, with as many wounded, as the gunman went from Al Noor to another mosque in the South Island city. Most victims were migrants or refugees from countries including Pakistan, India, Malaysia, Syria, Turkey, Somalia and Afghanistan.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
"He Will, When I Speak, Be Nameless": New Zealand PM On Terrorist
- Tuesday March 19, 2019
- World News | Agence France-Presse
Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern, vowing never to utter the name of the Australian gunman charged with the terror attack that killed 50 people, promised grieving New Zealanders Tuesday he will face the "full force of the law".
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Australian Police Search Homes Linked To New Zealand Mosque Attacks
- Monday March 18, 2019
- World News | Agence France-Presse
Australian counter-terrorism police searched two homes early Monday linked to the gunman accused of killing 50 people at two New Zealand mosques last week, police said.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
"We're All Gobsmacked": New Zealand Gunman's Family
- Sunday March 17, 2019
- World News | Agence France-Presse
The family of the Australian man arrested for killing 50 Muslim worshippers in New Zealand said on Sunday they were stunned and "shattered" by his horrific deed.
-
www.ndtv.com