A cautionary tale for everyone to be more careful, the incident took place at an Apple Store in a Chengdu shopping mall last month, reports Shanghaiist.
The video, shared on Facebook by Shanghaiist earlier today, shows the boy, named Meng Meng, playing with the doors while his mother looked at phones at the store. She is seen rushing to her child who falls on the ground due to the impact of the crashed glass. The child was then rushed to the hospital.
According to Shanghaiist, the mother is now seeking a compensation of 200,000 yuan from the store. She believes the incident has made her four-year-old introverted and she worries that it may affect his growth and development.
The video has collected quite a few reactions from people on Facebook.
"No glass door should break that easily. It was a small kid pushing on it not the Hulk," says one Facebook user. "My glass shower door did that and no one was in the room. Or had used the shower in 8 hours. Sometimes weird things happen," says another. Click for more trending news
Get the latest election news, live updates and election schedule for Lok Sabha Elections 2019 on ndtv.com/elections. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for updates from each of the 543 parliamentary seats for the 2019 Indian general elections.