Describing the debate on holding Lok Sabha and assembly polls together a healthy sign for democracy, Prime Minister Narendra Modi today said it was an appropriate tribute to former premier Atal Bihari Vajpayee who changed the country's political culture. He said efforts were afoot and discussions being held about simultaneously holding Lok Sabha and assembly polls.
Here are the highlights of PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat':
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi conveys Raksha Bandhan and Janmashtami greetings to people across India.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi conveys greetings on Sanskrit Diwas. He says, "Sanskrit is the knowledge hub of all aspects of life."
- PM Narendra Modi hails armed forces, NDRF teams and all others involved in the rescue and relief operations in Kerala. He says that the armed forces personnel are heroes of the ongoing rescue work in Kerala.
- In his 'Mann Ki Baat' address, PM Modi remembers late Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee. Entire nation was deeply saddened to hear about his demise, PM Modi said. He added, the affection and respect for Mr Vajpayee from people across the country reflects his great personality.
- PM Modi says, "You will be pleased to know that Monsoon Session Of Parliament has successfully managed to raise its productivity by 118% in Lok Sabha, and by 74% in Rajya Sabha." He adds, "This Monsoon Session shall forever be remembered as an exemplary move for social justice and well-being of youth."
- PM Narendra Modi congratulates medal winners at Asian Games 2018. "Winning medals in games like wushu and Rowing is proof that the dreams and confidence of our players are skyrocketing," he said.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi said the issue of simultaneous polls was gaining momentum as people were sharing their views on it. "A discussion in the country is gaining momentum for having simultaneous polls in states and Centre. People are sharing their views for and against. It is good sign for healthy democracy," he said.