Prime Minister Narendra Modi has filed his nomination for reelection from Varanasi. PM Modi arrivd at the District Magistrate's office after a meeting with NDA leaders. All senior leaders of the BJP, NDA and North East Democratic Alliance, including Shiv Sena chief Uddhav Thackeray and Shiromani Akali Dal leader Parkash Singh Badal, are present for the occasion.
Congress President Rahul Gandhi tweeted that an "engine trouble" on their flight has forced him to delay his programmes for today. "Engine trouble on our flight to Patna today! We've been forced to return to Delhi. Today's meetings in Samastipur (Bihar), Balasore (Orissa) & Sangamner (Maharashta) will run late. Apologies for the inconvenience," he tweeted. The Congress leader was scheduled to address a public meeting in Patna at around 10:30 am. Mr Gandhi will also address rallies in Odisha and Maharashtra.
Meanwhile, senior officials of the Election Commission will meet today to discuss the possibility of holding assembly elections in Jammu and Kashmir. The voting for the parliamentary elections was largely peaceful in the state. Jammu and Kashmir has been under President's Rule since June last year.
Here are the LIVE Updates from 2019 Election Campaigning:
Evidnce tht @hd_kumaraswamy n @RahulGandhi were using Police vehicles to move cash whn IT raids started.- Chowkidar Rajeev Chandrasekhar 🇮🇳 (@rajeev_mp) April 26, 2019
An IAS officr has reportd to @ceo_karnataka and FIR filed.
Shameless, brazen n criminal misuse of institutns by this #Mahamilavat. Needs investigatn by EC thru CBI pic.twitter.com/TnOvGvm4Ei
- The prime minister's post is not to indulge in pleasures... not to indulge into nepotism.
- The post is meant to serve the people of the country... that's what I have done in 5 years.
- Lets not make distasteful comments against rival candidates. Every candidate will be strengthening democracy by contesting elections.
- If you are a true sipahi (soldier) of Modi, don't get inspired by TV debates. Don't get affected by people abusing me.
- Co-existence, brotherhood are signs of healthy democracy.
- I have never denied party workers an appointment. I have always been available to people and party workers.
- I have never let the karyakarta (party worker) inside me die.
- I have tried to be as efficient as an MP just the way I have delivered as a PM.
- I am grateful for the love from the nation.
- Have worked tirelessly for the nation. We have worked honestly for good governance.
- This election is not about Modi... it's about these party workers... Every vote is important.
- The political pundits, after the polls, will be analysing how the nation is witnessing a "pro-incumbency" wave for the first time after independence
- Me, Amit Shah, Yog Adityanathiji are just karyakartas (party workers). It's not us but the people who are fighting the elections.
- The hard work of the party workers and love of the citizens is what I am experiencing.
- I am proud that our booth workers carried our door-to-door campaigning despite the intense heat.
- Yesterday, I saw a family member in every resident of Varanasi.