PM Modi speaks at Bhilai, Chhattisgarh.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi today dedicated to the nation the Integrated Command and Control Centre set up at Naya Raipur - the upcoming capital city of Chhattisgarh.
The centre will control and monitor online water and power supply, sanitation, traffic movement, integrated building management, city connectivity and Internet infrastructure (data centre), under one roof.
The monitoring of Naya Raipur city will also be carried out from the facility.
The command and control centre
will be managed through a GIS (geographic information system) platform, where residents can register their complaints regarding service dysfunction through helpline numbers, an official here said.
PM Modi arrived at the Swami Vivekanand Airport in Raipur this morning on a day-long visit
to the state and directly proceeded to Naya Raipur. He was accompanied by Chief Minister Raman Singh while inaugurating the command and control centre.
Here are the live updates of PM Modi's visit to Chhattisgarh:
Chief Minister Raman Singh also tweeted a few pictures of PM Modi at the Bhilai Steel Plant:
PM Modi distributed laptops, cheques and certificates to beneficiaries under various schemes at Bhilai, Chhattisgarh.
PM Modi inaugurated the Udaan Yojna which will facilitate flight services between Raipur and Jagdalpur.
PM Modi was greeted by an enthusiastic crowd on his way to the power plant.
Some pictures from the Bhilai Steel plant:
Some pointers from PM Modi's speech are:
- Bhilai did not only make steel, but also lives and society and the country. This new modern steel plant will now help develop new India: PM Narendra Modi.
- Earlier where there were no roads, now airports are being constructed along with roads: PM Narendra Modi in Bhilai
- Naya Raipur has become the country's first greenfield smart city. Water, electricity, street lights, sewage, transport and security of the city all will be managed from this centre. This will be an example for smart cities across the country: PM Modi
- I believe violence and conspiracy like this has only one answer- development. The trust that will arise from the development will be able to get rid of violence.
- Atal Ji's vision has helped the state move forward at such a pace. I feel happy to witness this change. The vision of Atal Ji is moving forward with your popular chief Minister Raman Singh Ji.
- Bhilai has not only created steel but also lives, society and country. A modern and transformed steel plant of Bhilai will now work to strengthen the foundation of new India as well as steel.
- We ensured that any part of the earning that will yield to the mineral must be spent on local residents. Chhattisgarh has also received an additional amount of more than Rs 3 thousand crore. These expenses are in hospital, school, roads, sanitation.
- Today I have laid the foundation stone of IIT Bhilai campus.The IIT campus costs around Rs 1,100 crore will become a pilgrimage of technology and technical education for the meritorious students of Chhattisgarh and the country, always motivating them to do something new.
- An unprecedented effort is being made to connect the country via water, land and air. The old government used to back off from even constructing new roads in certain areas. Today those same areas have not only roads but also airports. "Udaan" scheme is being incorporated in such a way so that a person wearing slippers can also travel in an aeroplane.
- New Raipur town has become the country's first greenfield smart city. Water, electricity, street lights, sewage, transport and the entire city monitoring will all be from the corresponding centers. New Raipur will now also serve a precedent for the country's other Smart Cities.
- In the past two months, the Gram Swaraj Abhiyan has had a very positive impact. This campaign is being run especially in 115 aspirational districts of the country who are left behind in the development race. This includes 12 districts of the state.
- We have opened bank accounts for 1 crore 30 lakh poor people under the Janadhan scheme in Chhattisgarh, built more than 37 lakh toilets, given free gas connection to 22 lakh poor families through Ujjwala scheme, More than 26 lakh people received a bank guarantee loan under the currency scheme, over 60 lakh poor are getting insurance cover in 90 paise per day and one rupee month, 13 lakh farmers have been benefiting from crop insurance scheme- this is how a new saga of development has been written.
- There were 7 lack houses in Chhattisgarh where there was no electricity connection. Under the Saubhagya Yojna, work has been done to provide electricity to 3.5 lakh households. 1100 such villages where electricity was not reached, there has now been electricity. This light has been illuminating development and belief in all the houses.
- These are not mere schemes, but also resolves to brighten the futures of poor, tribal, disadvantaged and exploited people. Our Government is also working specifically to increase the income of people living in tribal people and people living in and backward areas.
- Given the interests of tribals, the forest rights law is being implemented and strictly. In the past four years, Chhattisgarh has been given more than 20 lakh acres of land for nearly 1 lakh tribal and tribal communities.
- The Government is also working in keeping in mind the education, esteem and respect of tribals. Eklavya schools are being opened in the entire country to raise the level of education in tribal children
Watch PM Modi's speech at a public rally in Chhattisgarh:
PM Modi's holds a road show in Chhattisgarh's Bhilai. Later, he will visit the steel plant and address a public meeting
Integrated Command and Control Centre in Naya Raipur inaugurated by PM Modi
PM Modi arrives in Raipur
PM Modi will inaugurate the newly-constructed Jagdalpur Airport in Bastar
A visually impaired student will be on-board the first flight which will take off from Jagdalpur, ANI reported
PM Modi will also distribute laptops, certificates and cheques to beneficiaries under various schemes and address a public meeting
After laying the foundation stone for the permanent campus of IIT Bhilai, PM Modi will unveil a plaque to mark the commencement of phase-2 of BharatNet. BharatNet project envisages connecting Gram Panchayats with underground optical fibre network.
The modernization of the Bhilai Steel Plant will include installation of cutting-edge technologies for improvement in productivity, yield, quality, cost competitiveness, energy efficiency and environmental protection.
He will inaugurate air connectivity between Raipurand Jagdalpur under the Centre's 'Udaan' scheme. Chattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh welcomed PM Modi to Raipur at the airport.
The Command and Control Centre will be managed through a Geographic Information System (GIS ) platform, where the residents can register their complaints regarding service dysfunction through helpline numbers
PM Modi will travel to Naya Raipur by road and dedicate to the nation, Naya Raipur smart city's Integrated Command and Control Centre