5 Facts About Kapil Mohan, The Creator of Old Monk:
1. Kapil Mohan was a brigadier at the time of his retirement from the Indian Armed Forces.
2. He received Vishisht Seva Medal and the fourth highest Indian civilian award Padma Shri.
3. Following the death of his elder brother VR Mohan in the early 1970s, he led the Mohan Meakin group of companies which diversified its manufacturing activities into other fields - breakfast cereals, fruit juices and mineral water. It was under his leadership, Old Monk became a global brand.
4. He was also the chairman and managing director of Narinder Mohan Hospital in Ghaziabad and patron of General Mohyal Sabha, the apex body of the Mohyal community. He was also director of several Indian companies.
5. Since he had been unwell over last few years, his companies were being handled by his nephews, Hemant and Vinay Mohan.