- After coming to Israel, the way Benjamin Netanyahu has accompanied me, shown me respect is the respect of 1.25 billion Indians, This respect, this love can't be forgotten.
- One similarity between us (Netanyahu and PM Modi) is that we both were born after the independence of our two countries, Benajmin was born in independent Israel and I in independent India.
- It may have been 25 years of our diplomatic relations but our ties are hundreds of years old.
- Our festivals have similarities, while we celebrate Holi they celebrate Purim; when we celebrate Diwali they celebrate Hanukkah.
- People of Jewish community are few in numbers in India, but in whichever sector they are, their presence has been one of pride.
- Jews from India have played a key role in the development of Israel. The biggest example of this is Moshav ovdim. My Indian brothers and sisters toiled day and night to realise the vision of 'Make the desert bloom'.
- Indian Jews have contributed to the agricultural progress and have left their mark in the healthcare sector.
- Israel's commitment to innovation is revealed by the 12 Nobel prizes its residents have won.
- People of Israel have astounded the world with their innovation in the fields of solar, agro bio technology, camera, computer.
- People of Indian community who have done compulsory army service - they will also get OCI card.
Follow NDTV for latest election news and live coverage of assembly elections 2019 in Maharashtra and Haryana.
Subscribe to our YouTube channel, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for latest news and live news updates.