Social activist Anna Hazare speaks exclusively to NDTV ahead of his protest against land ordinance. He will be holding a two-day protest at Jantar Mantar later this month against the recent amendments in the Land Acquisition Act by the Centre.
Here are the highlights from his interview:
- This is an ordinance against the farmers
- In an agri-prime country anybody and everybody should come together to protest against it.
- I have spoken to Arvind Kejriwal, if he wants to contribute to the movement they are welcome.
- I am going to meet Arvind Kejriwal on February 23.
- Arvind Kejriwal is a Chief Minister, he cannot be treated like any ordinary citizen.
- If all agree, will welcome Arvind Kejriwal on stage as Delhi chief minister.
- Political parties manipulate such situations against each other. (Anna Hazare on Congress wanting to support his movement).
- If Rahul Gandhi wants to come and sit within the common people, he can.
- If chief ministers of any state want to come and be a part of our protest, they can.
- This ordinance is against the farmers and in favour of corporates.
- It seems to be 'Achhe Din' only for the corporates.
- There should be a lokpal in every state.
- I am not in touch with Baba Ramdev anymore.
- I have not denied talking to Kiran Bedi.
- As the head, PM Modi shouldn't have used the kind of language he did during the campaign.
- I have decided that till I am alive, I will never take part in politics, nor will I support any party.
- I would like to serve the country selflessly till my last breath.