The ranks as released by the THE World University Ranking are:
- Indian Institute of Science (IISc) - world rank 29
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Bombay - world rank 44
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kharagpur - world rank 60
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Roorkee - world rank 65
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kanpur - world rank 81
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Delhi - world rank 86
Among those that have made it to top 200 are Tezpur University at 100th place, Indian Institute of Technology, Madras at 103rd place, Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati at 112th place, Panjab University at 114th place, National Institute of Technology, Rourkela at 126th place, Jadavpur University at 127th place, Indian School of Mines at 141st place, University of Delhi at 144th place, Aligarh Muslim University at 158th place, Savitribai Phule Pune University at 188th place, and IIT-BHU at 194th place.
A total of 17 institutes from India have made their way to the top 200 Asian Universities. Though representation of India has increased in the list, several of the universities have fallen down the rankings in comparison to last year. Both IISc and IIT Bombay have dropped two places each to 29th and 44th position respectively. IIT Madras has witnessed the biggest decline this year and has fallen from last year's 41st place to 103rd pace this year.