NEET 2017 Exam Rules
- Must carry the admit card to the exam hall
- Must reach the exam centre much before the exam time; candidates won't be allowed to enter the exam hall after 9.30 am
- Must carry "downloaded admit card and with proforma which is an attachment of Admit Card with Post Card Size Photograph duly affixed on it"
- Must not carry anything to the exam hall except admit card and photographs
- Must check the test booklet properly (ensure the page number as mentioned on the cover page)
- Must not carry any of the barred items to the exam hall (details are given in the official notification)
- Must sign and give finger impressions in the attendance sheet
- Must ensure that they have signed twice on the attendance sheet
- Must fill up the test booklet using ball point pen
- Must match the codes of the test booklet and answer sheet before starting
- Must fill the answer sheet and mark the responses using blue/ black ball point pen
- Must answer carefully as changing an answer is not allowed
- Must do all rough work on Test Booklet, only
Initially the exam was scheduled to be held in 80 cities, however taking the number of examinees into consideration, 24 new cities were added to the list. The 24 new cities added to the list are: Guntur, Tirupathi (Andhra Pradesh), Anand, Bhavnagar, Gandhinagar (Gujarat), Davangere, Hubli, Mysore, Udupi (Karnataka), Kannur, Thrissur (Kerala), Ahmednagar, Amravati, Kolhapur, Satara (Maharashtra), Amritsar (Punjab), Jodhpur (Rajasthan), Namakkal, Tirunelveli, Vellore (Tamil Nadu), Gorakhpur (Uttar Pradesh) Howrah, Kharagpur (West Bengal) and Nanded (Maharashtra).