Coming from an illustrious family of lawyers, Justice Dalveer Bhandari himself has many feathers in his cap of achievements.
10 things to know about Educational Qualification of Dalveer Bhandari
1. Dalveer Bhandari graduated in humanities and law from the Jodhpur University.
2. Just like his father Mahaveer Chand Bhandari and grand father B.C. Bhandari who were members of the Rajasthan Bar, he too practiced in the Rajasthan High Court from 1968 to 1970.
3. In June 1970, he was granted an international scholarship and was invited to the University of Chicago for a workshop on Indian Law.
4. Another international scholarship, led him to complete Masters of Law degree from Northwestern University School of Law.
5. He worked at Northwestern Legal Assistance Clinic and appeared in court on behalf of litigants.
7. In 2010, Tumkur University, Karnataka conferred an honorary doctorate on Justice Bhandari "for his magnanimous contribution to law and justice".
8. In June 2013, National Law University, Delhi also conferred an honorary doctorate on Dalveer Bhandari.
9. Other universities which have conferred honorary LLD and D.Litts. on Justice Bhandari are KIIT University, Odisha, Jian Vishva Bharati University, Rajasthan, and Vardhman Mahaveer Open University, Rajasthan.
10. In 2014, he was awarded Dr. Nagendra Singh International Peace Award and in the same year he was also awarded Padma Bhushan.
Click here for more Education News
Get Breaking news, live coverage, and Latest News from India and around the world on NDTV.com. Catch all the Live TV action on NDTV 24x7 and NDTV India. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for latest news and live news updates.