- By no stretch of imagination, NCT of Delhi can be accorded the status of a State under our present constitutional scheme.
- LG is not that of a Governor of a State, rather he remains an Administrator, in a limited sense. 'Aid and advise' employed in Article 239AA(4) means the Lieutenant Governor of NCT is bound by the aid and advice of the Council of Ministers.
- A balanced federal structure mandates that the Union does not usurp all powers and the States enjoy freedom without any unsolicited interference from Centre.
- The Lieutenant Governor has not been entrusted with any independent decision¬ making power. L-G should not act in a mechanical manner without due application of mind so as to refer every decision of the Council of Ministers to the President.
- The difference of opinion between L-G and the Council of Ministers should have a sound rationale. The difference of opinion should not be exposition of an obstructionist but of affirmative constructionism.
Get Breaking news, live coverage, and Latest News from India and around the world on NDTV.com. Catch all the Live TV action on NDTV 24x7 and NDTV India. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for latest news and live news updates.