- Use mosquito repellents and nets.
- Install screens on your doors and windows.
- Wear full-sleeve clothes to avoid mosquito bites.
- Keep yourself hydrated throughout the day and carry water.
- Do see a doctor if you show any symptoms of dengue.
- Do not let water collect in open spaces and surroundings.
- Do not self-medicate if you have symptoms of dengue like fever and body ache.
- Avoid consuming paracetamol and aspirin-based medicines without medical supervision.
- Avoid giving steroids or antibiotics to dengue patients.
- Avoid platelet transfusion unless there is an active bleed or the platelet count is less than 10,000.
Get Breaking news, live coverage, and Latest News from India and around the world on NDTV.com. Catch all the Live TV action on NDTV 24x7 and NDTV India. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for latest news and live news updates.