- At key BJP meet, fissures over Narendra Modi running from UP
- Live Blog: Battleground 2014
- BJP releases second list of candidates for Lok Sabha polls, BS Yeddyurappa fielded from Shimoga
- Congress' first list for Lok Sabha polls
- Narendra Modi's 'chai pe charcha' on women empowerment: Highlights
- RJD's Ram Kripal Yadav quits all party posts after Lalu Prasad's daughter gets constituency
- Overseas Friends of BJP to raise USD 250,000 for party campaign on social media
- Why Lalu Prasad exchanged garlands with wife Rabri again
- Noida administration to conduct special drive for voters on Sunday
Gujarat elections: Exit polls predict a hat-trick for Narendra Modi
NDTV.com | Updated: December 18, 2012 00:32 IST
For instance, out of the 182 assembly seats in Gujarat, one exit poll has predicted 119 to 129 seats for BJP while Congress, it claims, is projected to win between 49 and 59 seats.
Meanwhile, another exit poll says that BJP is likely to get 140 as against the 117 seats it had won in the 2007 Assembly polls as the party is expected to get 46 per cent of the total vote share. The poll projected Congress to get 40 seats, 19 short of the 59 it won in 2007.
- Also See
Modi's national aspiration couldn't be ignored after he registered a third successive win in Gujarat's Assembly elections.
In his first election, the 45-year-old activist turned politician defeated incumbent chief minister Sheila Dikshit in her on constituency by some 22,000 votes.
The former actor, with roles in nearly 150 films, has inked a partnership of his Desiya Murpokku Dravida Kazhagam (DMDK) with the BJP.