Advertisement

Video: Iranian Girl Swings As Smoke Rises In Background After US-Israel Strike

Bandar Abbas connects Iran's inland regions to the Gulf and oversees key maritime routes near islands such as Qeshm and Hormuz.

Video: Iranian Girl Swings As Smoke Rises In Background After US-Israel Strike
US and Israeli forces struck the Shahid Haghani Port in Bandar Abbas recently.
  • Bandar Abbas connects Iran's inland regions to the Gulf and oversees key maritime routes
  • US and Israeli forces struck the Shahid Haghani Port in Bandar Abbas recently
  • Iran has asserted control over the Strait of Hormuz, a crucial chokepoint for global oil shipments
Did our AI summary help?
Let us know.

As plumes of smoke billow into the sky in the background, a young girl swings in the Iranian port city of Bandar Abbas. A video shows the young girl remaining unflinching despite American and Israeli bombs hitting what appears to be a naval facility.

Lebanese-Australian entrepreneur Mario Nawfal called attention to the surreal nature of the scene in a post on X (formerly Twitter), writing, “An Iranian girl plays on swings at a beach in Bandar Abbas, near the Strait of Hormuz, as smoke rises from airstrikes in the background. AI couldn't have come up with a more surreal clash of childhood innocence and adult aggression.”

Located on Iran's southern coastline, Bandar Abbas connects the country's inland regions to the Gulf and oversees key maritime routes near islands such as Qeshm and Hormuz. With the war now into its sixth week, Iran has asserted control over the Strait of Hormuz, a crucial chokepoint for global oil shipments, limiting maritime traffic through this vital waterway.

According to reports cited by the Turkey-based Anadolu Ajansı, US and Israeli forces struck the Shahid Haghani Port in Bandar Abbas recently.

“US and Israeli forces targeted Shahid Haghani Port in Bandar Abbas, which is used for passenger and commercial purposes,” said Ahmad Nafisi, deputy governor for political, security and social affairs in Hormozgan province, as quoted by the agency.

The strikes were part of the ongoing unprovoked war that began on February 28 when US and Israeli forces targeted Tehran.  Since then, at least 2,076 people have been killed and more than 26,500 injured in Iran. Iranian authorities state that over 600 schools and educational facilities have been damaged or destroyed, according to Al Jazeera.

US President Donald Trump continues to issue warnings over Iran's infrastructure. On Truth Social, he posted that the US military “hasn't even started destroying what's left in Iran.”

“Our Military, the greatest and most powerful (by far!) anywhere in the World, hasn't even started destroying what's left in Iran. Bridges next, then Electric Power Plants!” he said.

The Iranian military has responded by asserting that the conflict would continue until its adversaries face “humiliation” and “surrender.” It cautioned against any ground invasion by US forces.

Track Latest News Live on NDTV.com and get news updates from India and around the world

Follow us:
Listen to the latest songs, only on JioSaavn.com