The US President has been meeting business executives and other world leaders during his two-day stay in the Swiss Alps.
Since entering office, Trump has overturned policies and political norms initiated by his predecessors. Critics fear he has alienated and insulted important allies, while his supporters laud his focus on an "America First" agenda.
Here are the highlights of Donald Trump's address at World Economic Forum in Davos:
- I am privileged to be in a forum where we have gathered to discuss security and peace
- America hopes for a world where everyone can prosper and every child can grow up without fear
- I'm here today to represent the interests of the American people and to affirm America's friendship and partnership in building a better world
- Over the past year, we have made extraordinary strides in the US
- After years of stagnation, the United States is once again experiencing strong economic growth
- Since my election, we've created 2.4 million jobs, and that number is going up very, very substantially
- African-American unemployment has reached the lowest rate ever recorded in the United States, and so has unemployment among Hispanic Americans
- The tax cut bill is expected to raise the average American household income by 4,000 dollars. This is the perfect time to invest in America
- There has never been a better time to hire, to build, to invest and to grow in the United States. America is open for business and we are competitive once again.
- We are creating an environment that attracts capital. America is the place to do business... so come to America and invest
- America first does not mean America alone. When America grows, so does the world
- We cannot have free and open trade if some countries exploit the system at expense of others. Unfair trade undermines us all
- Just like we expect the leaders of other countries to protect the interest of their countries I will protect that of America
- We are lifting self imposed restrictions. No country should be held hostage to a single provider of energy
- We are making historic investments in the American security. To make the world safer from terrorism, we are asking our friends to make their own defence stronger
- We need to denuke the Korean peninsula. We are also working with allies to destroy jihadist organisations.
- We are committed to ensuring that Afghanistan doesn't become a safe haven for terrorists
- When it comes to terrorism, we will do whatever is necessary to protect our citizens
- The coalition to defeat the ISIS has retaken almost 100 per cent of the territory once held by these killers in Iraq and Syria
- We must replace our current system of extended family chain migration with a merit-based system of admissions that selects new arrivals based on their ability to contribute to our economy
- We are lifting people from dependence to independence. We know the anti-poverty programme is a very simple and a very beautiful pay cheque