BJP chief Amit Shah listened to the radio address along with slum dwellers of Ravidas Ashram in south Delhi's RK Puram area. BJP workers have also been instructed to connect people with Mann Ki Baat and get them to listen to it.
Here are the highlights of PM Narendra Modi's radio address to the nation:
- On the start of Ramzan, I convey my greetings to people across the world
- We in India are so proud of our religious diversity.
- India is a land where people of all religions live freely.
- Today, I would like to wish all my Muslim brothers and sisters on the holy month of Ramzan.
- India's diversity is our strength. We are proud that people from all faiths live in India in a harmonious manner.
- The last time I said that during the holidays, get out of your comfort zone, do something new. I am glad lot of people shared their experiences with me.
- Today is also the birth anniversary of Veer Savarkar ji. His contribution to the nation is invaluable.
- I am happy to see youngsters are taking interest in lives of our freedom fighters, who spent their lives in jail.
- Veer Savarkar ji spent time at the 'Kaala Pani' and there he wrote a lot. People from all over India were imprisoned in the Cellular Jail.
- Veer Savarkar ji's role in India's freedom movement cannot be forgotten. His book 'Mazi Janmathep' gives insights about his struggle from freedom when he was imprisoned in the cellular jail.
- The earth is our mother and we are all her sons and daughters...I request you all to connect with nature to nurture a better planet.
- June 5 is World Environment Day. Take a pledge that not only on the day, but from that day, we should do our bit to connect with nature and be one with nature.
- June 21 is International Yoga Day. I request you all to come and be a part of it. Yoga guarantees both wellness and fitness.
- Yoga is integrating the world today. Through Yoga, we have successfully started connecting the world.
- India is taking steps in the right direction to ensure a swachh Bharat (clean India). One thing that we all must focus on, is waste management. The first thing we must do is not to think of garbage as waste.
- Garbage segregation must start at home. We all must dispose it on the basis of dry, wet, plastic, paper or metal, tin, re-usable- like cloth, etc. I request you all to take this step.
- Afroz (Shah) and his team helped clean thousands of kilograms of garbage off Mumbai's Versova Beach. Residents of Mumbai and travellers from across the country will thank him and his team for their valuable contribution.
- I am very happy people are evaluating our work in great detail. I welcome this.
- Constructive criticism strengthens our democracy. For an aware and alert society, for a well-informed nation, constructive criticism is essential.
For the latest News & Live Updates on Election Results from each assembly constituency in Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Mizoram, Chhattisgarh, Telangana, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter for updates.