With elections just around the corner, Congress's Priyanka Gandhi Vadra held a roadshow in Ghaziabad today. On the occasion, she hit out at Prime Minister Narendra Modi for waiving off a huge amount of sum for the wealthy, She spoke about her party's minimum income guarantee scheme and asked the ruling party what they did in five years of their tenure.
Here are the highlights of Priyanka Gandhi Vadra's roadshow:
- It is not a democracy when you are not allowed to speak, when the farmer is in distress
- Good governance is your right, no leader should act like he is doing you a favour
- All citizens have the right to educaton, the right to succeed
- PM Modi has travelled the world. But in 5 years, has not for once, visited a family in his constituency and ask how they have been
- PM hugs all world leaders. Have you ever seen him hug a poor family in Varanasi?
- Congress wants to work for you. We want to waive off farmers' loans, provide minimum income guarantee
- With GST, the government broke the backs of small traders. Ironically, they were the ones who supported him
- PM Modi keeps asking what did Jawaharlal Nehru do, what did Indira Gandhi do. What did you do in the past five years?
- The BJP says it is a nationalist party. They should respect all martyrs—Hindu or Muslim. They should respect the father of the opposition party
- Chose the party that will work you. Read the Congress manifesto. Ask what is in store for me. We asked shopkeepers, farmers and the young people what they want. After that, we came up with the manifesto