Here are the highlights of his speechin parliament
- Thank you for allowing me to speak about the injustice being done to me by airlines.
- Without carrying out any investigation, why am I being subject to a media trial?
- Despite having a valid Business-Class ticket, I was given an economy-class ticket without any prior intimation.
- Anyway... I took the flight and reached Delhi. Didn't say a word. When we reached Delhi, I asked for the complaint register. I was told that there is no complaint book available.
- I decided not to leave till a senior manager met me... one by one different people came and met me... none of them were senior officials.
- Finally a gentleman came to me and said "what is your problem, why aren't you de-boarding?" He spoke rudely. I told him my problem... I told him that I was supposed to fly Business-Class. To this he said "Why? Do you think you are PM Modi?" and grabbed me by the collar and tried to drag me out.
- This behavior was unacceptable... It was only after he insulted the PM and the parliament that I got upset and hit him. Only that clip was shown to the public.
- I have with me 2 full clips, which I am submitting to you.
- Without any proper investigation, I have been subject to this media trial. Not just that, all other airlines have decided to ban me from flying without me getting a chance to prove my innocence.
- I respect the parliament and my leader - Uddhav Thackeray, based on whose advice, in this House in front of the nation, I apologise for my behavior, but I am not apologetic to the airline official who abused and manhandled me, and spoke in a derogatory manner about parliamentarians and the prime minister.
Get Breaking news, live coverage, and Latest News from India and around the world on NDTV.com. Catch all the Live TV action on NDTV 24x7 and NDTV India. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for latest news and live news updates.