A two and a half years old boy died allegedly due to electric shock in East Delhi's Gandhi Nagar, police said Sunday.
The incident took place inside a plastic factory in which the boy, a resident of Gandhi Nagar, entered while playing near it, they said.
The boy received an electric shock after he accidentally touched a live wire with his leg. He was rushed to a nearby hospital where he was declared brought dead, a senior police officer said.
The family buried his body at around 4 pm. The police were informed about the incident at around 9 pm, after which the body was exhumed and shifted to a mortuary for post-mortem, they said.
After the post-mortem on Sunday, the body was handed over to the family, they said, adding that no foul was involved.
A case under relevant sections of the Indian Penal Code has been registered, police added.
(Except for the headline, this story has not been edited by NDTV staff and is published from a syndicated feed.)
Get Breaking news, live coverage, and Latest News from India and around the world on NDTV.com. Catch all the Live TV action on NDTV 24x7 and NDTV India. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for latest news and live news updates.