Three members of a family lost their lives when firecrackers, meant for sale during Diwali, exploded at a house in Andhra Pradesh's East Godavari district today, police said.
The blast is believed to have been caused by a short-circuit that triggered a fire around 3 am. The crackers were hoarded in the residence of Muthuyala Reddy at Subbaraopeta area of Rajamahendravaram, a police officer said.
Three persons of a family died on the spot and many got injured. They are undergoing treatment at a hospital and said to be critical, the officer said, adding that a case had been registered and investigation was on.
Election Results for Lok Sabha Election 2019 will be out on May 23. Get the latest election news and live updates on ndtv.com/elections. Catch all the action on NDTV Live. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for news updates from each of the 543 parliamentary seats for the election 2019