Four people were killed and several others hospitalised in Andhra Pradesh's Gajuwaka on Sunday after consuming a toxic liquid, probably an industrial spirit that they mistook as alcohol, police said.
Police said they were all scrap vendors who stumbled upon a plastic can containing the liquid in a dump yard. Presuming it to be alcohol, the men drank it.
District Collector K Bhaskar, police and excise officials visited the hospital where 11 people were admitted. Three were reported to be in critical condition.
The liquid samples have been sent for the examination.
Get Breaking news, live coverage, and Latest News from India and around the world on NDTV.com. Catch all the Live TV action on NDTV 24x7 and NDTV India. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for latest news and live news updates.