Prime Minister Narendra Modi is in the Kyrgyz capital Bishkek for the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) summit, the first multilateral engagement post his re-election. On the sidelines of the SCO summit, PM Modi met Russian President Vladimir Putin, Chinese President Xi Jinping and Afghanistan President.
With the Chinese President Xi Jinping, PM Modi discussed ways to further strengthen the bilateral relations. PM Modi also reviewed all aspects to strengthen the bilateral strategic relationship with Russia. On meeting, Afghan President Ashraf Ghani, he discussed the role played by India towards an inclusive peace process in the conflict-hit nation.
Here are the highlights from PM Modi's Kyrgyzstan visit to attend Shanghai Cooperation Organisation summit:
PM @narendramodi had a 'pull-aside' meeting with President Alexander Lukashenko of #Belarus on the margins of #SCOSummit. The two countries share the common goals of development and cooperation in the region. @amb_in@BelarusMFApic.twitter.com/XpegeYGECg- Raveesh Kumar (@MEAIndia) June 14, 2019
- PM Modi highlights the spirit and ideals of SCO to strengthen cooperation in the fight against terrorism.
- We are committed to developing solar energy, says PM Modi
- Need better economic ties with SCO nations, says PM Modi
- Leaders attending the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) summit in Bishkek relished a lavish Kyrgyz dinner hosted by country's President on Thursday, said ANI.
- A special vegetarian meal was prepared for Prime Minister Narendra Modi. The meal included vegetable salad, Pullav without meat, and special pie as dessert, while for the other leaders, the dishes ranged from Soup Sourpa to authentic Kyrgyz style Pullav served with meat. The juicy apple dessert was served at the end to sum up the dinner for the world leaders, said ANI
- The state leaders enjoyed a four-course meal for about 45 minutes. Initially, a six-course meal was planned but it was reduced due to time constraints.
- PM Modi along with Heads of State of the SCO member countries in Bishkek. All the leaders standing for peace, development and connectivity in the region.
- PM Modi met President of Kyrgyzstan Sooronbay Jeenbekov ahead of the SCO Council of Heads of State meeting.
- President of Kyrgyzstan Sooronbay Jeenbekov is also the current Chair of the SCO Summit 2019.
- PM Modi was welcomed by the Kyrgyz President at the Ala Archa Presidential Palace ahead of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) Council of Heads of State meeting.
President Sooronbay Jeenbekov of #Kyrgyz Republic, current Chair of #SCOSummit2019 warmly welcomed PM @narendramodi as he arrived at the Ala Archa Presidential Palace ahead of the SCO Council of Heads of State Meeting today morning. #SCOSummit2019#IndiaInSCO @IndiaInKyrgy pic.twitter.com/HK4pf12ViR- Raveesh Kumar (@MEAIndia) June 14, 2019