• The NDTV Group and NDTV Limited (its Broadcast Operations) are declaring a profit for the quarter ending September 30, marking a big turnaround from the same time last year.
• The strong operational profits or EBITDA in both companies make this the best Q2 for them in 14 years.
• NDTV's broadcast operations have declared a profit of Rs 19 lakhs. The EBITDA or operating profit is Rs 6.32 crores as compared to a loss of Rs 9.12 crores for the same time last year.
• The operating costs for the broadcast operations or NDTV Limited Standalone have reduced by Rs 26.27 crores YoY (year-on-year) and by nearly Rs 7.4 crores since the first quarter of this year.
• The profit at the group level is Rs 59 lakhs. The NDTV Group EBITDA is Rs 11.70 crores, a turnaround of Rs 21.49 crores YoY. EBITDA losses for the same quarter last year were Rs 9.79 crores.
• NDTV Convergence, the company's digital arm, recorded its best-ever Q2 with the highest revenue for this period; traffic has grown by 45 percent over the same period last year; ndtv.com is India's biggest news website (source: SimilarWeb, September 2018) with a larger audience than international big-hitters like Washington Post, BuzzFeed, Huffington Post.
• NDTV Convergence has launched HOP, the world's first live channel for mobile phones shot and streamed entirely in portrait mode.
Follow NDTV for latest election news and live coverage of assembly elections 2019 in Maharashtra and Haryana.
Subscribe to our YouTube channel, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for latest news and live news updates.