Here are 10 things to know about the new Humsafar Express - from Anand Vihar Terminal, Delhi, To Allahabad:
1. The new three-days-a-week Humsafar Express serves will be operated with train number 22438/22437.
2. The Railways said the new train was aimed at convenience of passengers.
3. From May 10, the train will hail out of Anand Vihar every Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday at 10:20 am. This train will reach Allahabad at 6:10 am the next day.
4. In the opposite direction, the regular service will will depart from Allahabad every Monday, Wednesday and Saturday at 10:20 pm from May 12. This train will arrive in the Anand Vihar Terminal station at 6:15 am the next day.
5. The Anand Vihar-Allahabad Humsafar Express will comprise eighteen AC Three-Tier coaches.
6. The train will stop at the Kanpur Central station in both the directions.
8. Indian Railways has time and again announced new trains, upgradation of coaches and increased frequency of existing operations with an aim to enhance passenger convenience.
9. The Railways has increase the frequency of Gorakhpur-Anand Vihar Humsafar Express train. While train number 12571/12572 Gorakhpur-Anand Vihar Humsafar Express via Barhni is extended from two days to four days a week, train number 12595/12596 via Basti is extended from one day to three days a week, according to a Ministry of Railways press release dated May 4. The extension of existing service was to cater to "huge demand of passengers" on the Gorakhpur-Anand Vihar route, it noted.
10. Humsafar Express coaches have mobile charging points and reading lights for each passenger along with easy upper berth climbing arrangement. The coaches also have facilities such as baby nappy changing pads and tea/coffee-makers, among other features.