Facts about Indian Railways saloon coaches
1. Indian Railways luxurious saloon coaches that recently opened for public were earlier available only for top railway officials. Officials used the facility to reach remote areas not connected by road or air.
2. Saloon coach is just like a "moving house" having two exclusive bedrooms with attached bathroom, a large living cum dining room.
3. Railways' saloon coach has a kitchenette and rear window for watching the spectacular views.
4. Indian Railways currently has a total of 336 saloon cars across railway zones, among them 62 are air-conditioned.
Facts about Indian Railways Maharajas' Express
1. The Maharajas' Express train started in the month of March in 2010 and is considered as the costliest train on the earth.
2. It has 23 huge carriages and runs on five circuits, covering over 12 famous destinations of India.
3. The train is a kilometer long with fourteen mentors, which combine lodges and suites.
4. Maharajas Express is equipped with deluxe cabins, LCD televisions, DVD players, internet facilities, direct dial telephone and two dining restaurants.
5. The train also has a water filtration plant.