10 things to know about SBI's Pehla Kadam and Pehli Udaan savings bank accounts:
Acquaint your children with modern-day banking with our Savings accounts for minors - Pehla Kadam and Pehli Udaan. https://t.co/TZ5G3cIbeS— State Bank of India (@TheOfficialSBI) April 12, 2018
1. Minor of any age can apply for SBI's 'Pehla Kadam'. This account will be jointly opened with the parent/guardian. While minors above the age of 10 years and those who can sign uniformly are eligible for SBI's 'Pehli Udaan'. This account will be opened in the sole name of the minor. (Also read: How SBI Savings Plus Account Can Help You Earn Higher Interest)
2. There is no monthly average balance (MAB) requirement for opening these accounts.
3. The maximum balance limit for these accounts is Rs 10 lakh.
4. The interest rates are same as applicable to SBI's savings bank account which is calculated on a daily balance.
5. Transferability of accounts to any SBI branch without changing the account number is also applicable.
6. SBI's 'Pehla Kadam' is jointly opened with the parent/ guardian or singly by parent/ guardian while SBI's 'Pehli Udaan' is singly operated savings account. (Also read: State Bank Of India (SBI) ATM Cash Withdrawal Limit, Rules Explained)
7. Cheque-books for 'Pehla Kadam' are available where mobile number of the account holder is recorded. Specially designed personalised cheque book (with 10 cheque leaves) are issued to the guardian in the name of minor under guardian, said SBI. For SBI's 'Pehli Udaan' also cheque-books are available where mobile number of the account holder is recorded. Specially designed personalised cheque book (with 10 cheque leaves) are issued if the minor can sign uniformly.
8. Auto sweep facility is available with both these accounts with a minimum threshold of Rs 20,000.
9. Child's photo embossed ATM-cum-debit card with withdrawal/POS limit of Rs. 5,000 is available with both these accounts. The card is issued in the name of the minor and guardian in case of 'Pehla Kadam' and it is issued in name of minor only in case of 'Pehli Udaan'.
10. Mobile banking is available in both the cases. Bill payment and top-ups are applicable with both the accounts. The per-day transaction limit is Rs 2,000 for both the accounts. Additionally, the feature of IMPS (Immediate Payment Service) is available with 'Pehli Udaan'.