- Non-subsidised LPG cylinder cheaper 0.5% from May 1
- Non-subsidised LPG cylinder prices at Rs 650.5 in Delhi, Rs 623 in Mumbai
- May 1 revision marks fifth reduction in LPG prices so far this year
Here are 5 things to know about LPG cylinder and other prices today:
1. Latest subsidised LPG prices are down 14 paise per cylinder in Delhi, 10 paise per litre in Kolkata and Mumbai each, and 2 paise per cylinder in Chennai, compared to the rates last month. Non-subsidised LPG prices have been reduced by Rs 3 per cylinder in Delhi, Rs 2 per cylinder in Kolkata and Mumbai each, and 50 paise per cylinder in Chennai.
2. Tuesday's revision marks the fifth reduction in LPG prices so far this year. On a cumulative basis, subsidised LPG prices have come down by Rs 4.2-4.48 per cylinder across Delhi, Kolkata, Mumbai and Chennai. Non-subsidised LPG prices have been cut by Rs 92-96.5 per cylinder in the four metros during this period.
(Also read: Ahead Of Polls, Loan Recovery In Cooking Gas Scheme Deferred)
3. Every household in the country is entitled to 12 LPG cylinders (of 14.2 kg each) at subsidised rates in a year. These prices are known as subsidized LPG rates. Any requirement beyond that is to be purchased at market prices. These prices are known as non-subsidised LPG rates.
|Subsidised LPG price per cylinder of 14.2 Kg (in Rs)|
|May 1||April 1||December 1|
|Non-subsidised LPG price (in Rs)|
4. Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana has provided 37 million women living below the poverty line with free LPG connections in two years, data released by the WHO showed, to support them to switch to clean household energy use. Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana is a government-run scheme which aims to providing rural households with clean cooking fuel in the form of LPG.
(With agency inputs)