- Reliance Jio has earlier said its broadband service, JioFiber, will come with a high-definition television and set-top boxes at no extra charge for annual lifetime subscribers.
- "JioFiber customers who opt for our annual plans which the company calls Jio-Forever plans, will get an HD or 4K LED television and a 4K set-top-box absolutely free," Mr Ambani said while addressing shareholders at the group's annual general meeting on August 12.
- "Premium JioFiber customers will be able to watch movies in their living rooms the same day these movies are released in theatres! We call this Jio First-Day-First-Show," he said.
- The company has said that JioFiber plans will be priced between Rs 700 to Rs 10,000 per month.
- Under the JioFiber preview offer, Reliance Jio offers "ultra-high speed internet up to 100 Mbps free" for a limited period and complimentary access to a host of Jio's premium apps, according to the Jio website.
- Upon consumption of the monthly quota, users can recharge their Jio Fiber data plan with a booster pack that offers 40GB additional data, according to Jio.
- There are no installation charges levied but there is a refundable security deposit of Rs 2,500 taken for the JioFiber router.
- This amount needs to be paid through debit card, credit card, Jio Money or PayTM.
- Voice calls from the JioFiber's home to any Indian operator - mobile or fixed - will be absolutely free, the company has said.
- The company has announced an "unlimited international calling pack" at Rs 500 per month, to enable subscribers to make calls to the US and Canada.
Follow NDTV for latest election news and live coverage of assembly elections 2019 in Maharashtra and Haryana.
Subscribe to our YouTube channel, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for latest news and live news updates.