Benefits of linking UIDAI's Aadhaar in e-filing website:
#DigitalIndiaFAQs | What are the benefits of linking #Aadhaar@UIDAI in e-Filing website?— Digital India (@_DigitalIndia) June 3, 2018
For more information, please visit the website -https://t.co/Z4MJFHtmli#eFilingFAQs#DigitalIndiaFactspic.twitter.com/7brygMmOKs
1. User can e-verify return/forms and other submission such as refund re-issue, e-proceeding just by using Aadhaar OTP (One Time Password).
2. The linking enables e-filing vault higher security using Aadhaar OTP.
3. User can also reset password using Aadhaar OTP.
How to e-verify Income Tax Returns (ITR) using UIDAI's Aadhaar:
1. Log in to income tax e-filing website and click on 'Aadhaar' link
3. Click on 'Link Aadhaar'
4. Upload ITR through the Income Tax e-filing website
5. A One-Time Password (OTP) will be sent to the mobile number registered with Aadhaar
6. Enter the OTP received on registered mobile number and click on submit
7. A message will be displayed 'Return successfully e-Verified'. Now, download the Acknowledgement'. This acknowledgment will also be sent to the registered email id