The Aadhaar card can be easily be carried in the digital form through the mobile application mAadhaar. mAadhaar is the official mobile application developed by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) to provide an interface to the Aadhaar card number holders for carrying their personal information including name, gender, date of birth, and address along with the photograph linked with their Aadhaar card number on smartphones. However, a resident who has an aadhaar linked to a registered mobile number can only create a profile in the mAadhaar application. Users can register their profiles in the application, installed on any smartphone, however, the OTP will be sent to the registered mobile number. (Also Read: Aadhaar Card In A Wallet: All You Need To Know About mAadhaar's Benefits )
According to UIDAI, the mAadhaar application is available for both Android and iPhone users in the country. The mAadhaar app for iPhone is compatible with iOS 10.0 and above. UIDAI provides the same services and features of mAadhaar to both Android and iOS users. In order to install the app follow these simple steps:
How To Configure mAadhaar Applications In Android, iOS Phones:
- Visit the Google Play Store for Android phones and the App Store for iPhone
- Type mAadhaar in the search bar and download, or download the mAadhaar Android version from https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=in.gov.uidai.mAadhaarPlus&hl=en_IN or iOS version from https://apps.apple.com/in/app/maadhaar/id1435469474.
- To make sure that you are downloading the correct application, check if the developer's name is mentioned as ‘Unique Identification Authority of India'
- Once you will open the application, it will take you through the terms and conditions.
- Go through the usage guidelines and select language preference.