The Universal Account Number or UAN has become an essential part of the Employee Provident Fund (EPF) services and can be easily accessed online by account holders. The UAN is basically a 12-digit account number allotted by the Employee Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) to every employee where the EPF deposits are made. The UAN makes the process of operating PF account services such as availing PF loans, withdrawal, and checking the EPF balance much easier for account holders. In order to check the EPF balance, account holders need to activate the UAN first. (Also Read: Here's How To Change Registered Mobile Number In EPF Account )
Here's how to activate Universal Account Number (UAN) On EPFO Web Portal:
- Visit the EPF member portal - https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/
- Now, click on 'Activate UAN' on the bottom-right corner of the page.
- Enter your UAN, name, date of birth, mobile number, as well as the correct captcha text.
- Then click on 'Get Authorization Pin'.
- At this step, you will receive a one-time password (OTP) on your mobile number.
- Copy the correct OTP
- Verify all the details on the page, and tock on the check-box next to 'I Agree'
- Enter the OTP received on your phone
- Click on 'Validate OTP' and Activate UAN.
- After this step, the activation process will start and the password will be sent to your mobile number.
- You may need to wait for six hours before you can log in to the EPFO portal to check the PF balance.
- One can check the PF balance six hours after the UAN is activated.
Meanwhile, account holders can also change their registered mobile numbers through the UAN member portal : Here's How To Change Registered Mobile Number In EPF Account